What does disarray in the Romney campaign say about his abilities as an executive?

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Romney's claim to Presidency is that he has private sector experience in running a business. But as we see, his campaign is in total disarray. His VP pick was not very well received by his own party. The campaign is constantly making missteps and his messaging isn't getting across effectively.

Is his skills as a chief executive officer overstated?

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
What disarray? Can you be specific.

His missteps, as you call them, are nothing more than interpretations by the left. Just because you don't like something he said or stands for doesn't mean it's a misstep.

If I recall, Biden wasn't well accepted either.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Well, prominent people in his own party are saying his campaign is going badly, so it's not just liberals or the left.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

His missteps, as you call them, are nothing more than interpretations by the left. Just because you don't like something he said or stands for doesn't mean it's a misstep.

Biden wasn't running as president. Sorry, but even the latest mistep has conservatives calling him out.

By your own intepretation, Romney could never make a mistep because hardcore conservatives who want nothing more than Obama out will just ignore it and blame it on the 'liberal media', whatever Romney says or does.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Biden wasn't running as president. Sorry, but even the latest mistep has conservatives calling him out.

By your own intepretation, Romney could never make a mistep because hardcore conservatives who want nothing more than Obama out will just ignore it and blame it on the 'liberal media', whatever Romney says or does.

No, I asked for some examples. I don't consider the 47% remark a misstep, but many on the left do. I don't consider him not release 20 YEARS WORTH OF INCOME TAX FORMS a misstep, but many on the left do.

What are some examples of his missteps that we can all agree on?

Feb 10, 2000

You're not paying attention if you don't see the disarray, be it the tax return fiasco, the poor orchestration of the RNC and his speech (in which he inadvertently failed to acknowledge the troops in combat zones, then responded by saying he preferred to focus on the "important" issues), his comments after the Libyan embassy attack, or this week's slow-motion train wreck that has resulted from the release of his speech in May. Even Bill Kristol called his comments "stupid," and "arrogant."

I don't think you can plausibly claim that Romney's has been a competently or professionally run campaign, because it hasn't.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
No, I asked for some examples. I don't consider the 47% remark a misstep, but many on the left do. I don't consider him not release 20 YEARS WORTH OF INCOME TAX FORMS a misstep, but many on the left do.

Just because YOU, as an extremist conservative, don't think think those were missteps doesn't mean they weren't.

How about Romney flip flopping on healtcare 4 times in less than 24 hours? I guess you don't think Romney flip flopping is a misstep either:

http://www.americablog.com/2012/09/romney-flip-flops-4-times-on-health.html

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

Um ... Biden has had his fair share of moments for sure. Last I checked Biden never ignored the recent deaths of American citizens and an Ambassador to use the tragic situation as a political attack and then walked away smiling. Hard to interpret that in a left or right fashion. And that's just ONE thing Romney has done in the past 2 weeks in which he's had a half dozen fuck ups. The man is a piece of shit and we all know it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You're not paying attention if you don't see the disarray, be it the tax return fiasco, the poor orchestration of the RNC and his speech (in which he inadvertently failed to acknowledge the troops in combat zones, then responded by saying he preferred to focus on the "important" issues), his comments after the Libyan embassy attack, or this week's slow-motion train wreck that has resulted from the release of his speech in May. Even Bill Kristol called his comments "stupid," and "arrogant."

I don't think you can plausibly claim that Romney's has been a competently or professionally run campaign, because it hasn't.

There is nothing, not even their destruction of the country, the conservative mind can't deny. Just imagine what it would be like to be a titanic delusional asshole and suddenly realize it. The delusional state is maintained by fear.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

07-minister.jpg

FEAR NOT FELLOW GOP WARRIORS, ROMNEY IS DEFEATING THE INFIDEL OBAMA FORCES EVERYWHERE THEY LURK, VICTORY IS IMMINENT

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000

You're either REALLY dense or purposefully trolling.

Romney's missteps are the reason he's down in polling in nearly every major swing state by 4-5 points. With this kind of economic environment he should be doing considerably better than this, but his missteps have kept him out of the running thus far. With so little time left in the election is pretty much game over for Romney unless there is a major game changing event.

When you have conservative commentators throwing his campaign under the bus I think it's time to acknowledge reality that your candidate just isn't very good at this. Which is surprising considering he's been running for President for almost 5-6 years now.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
If you want to see a campaign in disarray just look at Barrack Hussein Obama talking about the slaying of 4 Americans earlier in the week.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Dude is a joke and a snake, I've been saying as much for quite a long time now. Dems are touting him up in order to fear monger and rally the base. Truth is he's garbage, everyone knows he's garbage, they're just playing along because they know "we" will too.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002

Tax fiasco? - it's nothing like the tax fiasco the WH delt with not that long ago.... and the issues were real, did anyone that is working for the WH pay taxes?

RNC - Let's talk about the DNC the idiots pulled GOD and they still don't know the capital of Israel -

Failed to acknowledge the troops - perhaps Romney supports the troops but not mission

Speech in may - true, especially when the next day the polls showed Obama 47 Romney 46... dems do hate the truth

Libya - well let's say that is self evident to everyone but Obama, now apologize

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Romney's claim to Presidency is that he has private sector experience in running a business. But as we see, his campaign is in total disarray. His VP pick was not very well received by his own party. The campaign is constantly making missteps and his messaging isn't getting across effectively.

Is his skills as a chief executive officer overstated?

What is Obama's claim to the presidency? running a business - Nope
Success as a politician - nope - all he did for 2 years was vote present
Obama's VP pick has been a joke as a VP
Obama's presidency has been a complete and utter failure - he failed reviving the economy, he failed with jobs, he failed with the housing market, he failed in protecting free speech, he failed in foreign relations.

He did succeed in Bashing and running against Bush/McCain and he did succeed at spending more and accomplishing less than any president in history.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Dude is a joke and a snake, I've been saying as much for quite a long time now. Dems are touting him up in order to fear monger and rally the base. Truth is he's garbage, everyone knows he's garbage

You're severely underestimating the stupidity of the average American conservative.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
You're severely underestimating the stupidity of the average American conservative.
You're severely overestimating the pull the GOP actually has. Look up what percentage of the eligible voter base pulled for McCain last election, look at all the Reps walking away from the party. They are divided like no other right now. Don't be silly, Obama has this in the bag and has for awhile.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
You're severely overestimating the pull the GOP actually has. Look up what percentage of the eligible voter base pulled for McCain last election, look at all the Reps walking away from the party. They are divided like no other right now. Don't be silly, Obama has this in the bag and has for awhile.

I'm not disagreeing that Obama will almost certainly win, I'm disagreeing that "everybody knows" that Romney is trash. I believe the conservative base is certainly stupid and rabidly partisan enough to make and jump on any fabrication supporting him.
Did you see the travesty of their "empty chair" meme? It was like, "Hey, if we just go around as though Eastwood's speech was an unqualified success, everyone will believe it!" And all this in support of their Messiah, Romney.