What does ATOT think about this car?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Pciber
I am buying it tomorrow, unless something goes wrong. Is a carfax report worth it?
It can't hurt. They guarantee the report. Good luck with your new ride!!

BEL6772

Oct 26, 2004
My mom drove one of those for a few years. She really liked it. I'm 6'5" and I rode in it a few times, but never drove it. It seemed plenty roomy, though.

DrumminBoy

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2002
If you plan on getting a nice amount of cash for graduation and you think you can have some money saved while still paying for the car, go for it...also, why not make the loan a year longer, lower the payment some so it's not as much of a burden if something happens, but still try to make bigger payments and pay it off quicker? Also, if your parents are financially capable, it would be nice to have them there to back you up in case something did happen, a wreck, large repair, etc and you didnt have the cash. I can understand your eagerness to get a car, I'm 19 and I dont know what I'd do if I didnt have my own vehicle...good luck to you

TwoBills

Apr 11, 2004
Put off buying a car for as long as you can. At this point in your life, with your income, you can either have a car or money in your pocket. Not both. Did you consider buying a new bicycle.

If you go for the car, don't forget to budget $75/mo. for repairs, etc.