What do you watch on Youtube to calm yourself right before bed, or during?

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I've generally not needed anything*. Are you having racing thoughts at bedtime or something similar?

* - except on particular occasions like when one of my brothers was seemingly trying his best to be an ass of monumental proportions.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I rarely watch stuff on youtube...once in a while I'll fall down some kind of "music rabbit hole" there, but it's more about listening than watching.

As for sleep...I use the Siriusxm app to stream soft, quiet music all night. (I like their "Spa" channel for that) I actually have a difficult time sleeping without some soft music playing quietly...gives my mind something to work on...

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Life pain and finances keep me up, and though I'm on like 20 pills, 4 of which will turn any "normal" person into a zombie, or die, its like a fart in the wind for me.

My body is sooooo jacked, at one point between my back and head, I was on horse tranquillizers and hydros, taking massing amounts of it to try and get all the pain to stop, and it did/does not, ended up going to the er in convulsions, for I od'd for my head had been hurting for over a year straight, with a hour or 2 during the day if lucky when it would diminish for a bit, but could not take it all no more . Now Im not on any "pills" to manage my pain for between watching that stuff, and my pills, and other thing, I can get some relaxations to a point I go from wide awake, to suddenly someone flipped my switch to off, and I wake up with my glasses hanging off my face, or in the bed, and I turned over on them and my remote. I will never take pills for pain anymore, the do more harm then good to a person, for if I am having a really bad time between back and head pain, I will drive up to the doc office and get a shot in the ass, that I am not supposed to drive after, but again like all other people would be drooling all over themselves, its a fart in the wind, that unlike pills, can alter my mood in a way I am still hurting, but do not give two f's ;)

Hell I cannot even be put to sleep. I have several docs and dentists try, with no luck at all, even when given 3x the amount I was supposed to get. I was fully awake for my operation I had to remove a fat tumor under my arm. Back when I weighed 460lbs, I got off the bed, onto the table myself, they tried to put me to sleep though I and my wife told the doc and gas man I have not yet been able to be put to sleep, and was told "its my job, do not worry, I will get you out", when later the gas man said "are you tired at all?", as I replied, did you do something for I do not feel any different.

Thank goodness I told the doc that like gas, to numb me I need tons of it, and he did removing it while awake. After done, one of the nurses thanked me. I was like, why the thank? "Because I been a nurse for 40 years, and I have yet not one time see someone come in this room, get off the bed, NOT get put to sleep, and back onto the bed by themselves". Yeah, its because the room was filled with people to lift 460+LBS of dead weight back on to the bed :D

I no longer weigh 460+, and still cannot be put to sleep, or anything on the market to help that gets swallowed, or over the counter for that matter. And to this day, I have lived with a headache, that gets much worse if I do anything, like work on computers, xbox, you name it, for I tried to work on a OG xbox last night and had to stop for the pain was too much, and when it hurts I cannot think or talk straight. Though had many a test, no one can seem to figure out why I been dealing with this since a child.

Last edited:

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
I rarely watch stuff on youtube...once in a while I'll fall down some kind of "music rabbit hole" there, but it's more about listening than watching.

As for sleep...I use the Siriusxm app to stream soft, quiet music all night. (I like their "Spa" channel for that) I actually have a difficult time sleeping without some soft music playing quietly...gives my mind something to work on...

I cannot if it has music, has to be waves crashing, forests, night time sounds, or thunderstorms, for I sleep like a baby when storms roll in as everyone else in the house is awake. If tornadoes comes though and I was by myself, I would die for I would never wake up :p

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
videos about ancient history read by historians put me to sleep like nothing else

/seriously

Stiff Clamp

Feb 3, 2021
All the time. But nothing I have to actually watch, just listen.
Various ambient videos with settings like . . . oil platform at sea, forest insects+owls, campfire at night, rain storm, etc. IF I were at home I could drop some links.

Or maybe a long rambling story-time video/podcast.

For ambient music I pick a SomaFM channel to stream.

Here's an ideal album for zoning out on a lazy evening in the swamp. You will get nothing done.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I like to listen to pure binaural beats if youtube's compression doesn't screw it up. Sometimes they play normally with a different tone in each ear producing the "beat" and sometimes it just plays the beat in both ears. Right now it's working correctly.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I don't watch a whole lot of youtube, but I did watch no no no no cat yesterday.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I'm a music binger. A little Mozart here, a bit of Beethoven, JoJo, Belinda Carlisle, various Billboard #1 hits that strike my fancy.

Or there's one hot, witty, and highly intelligent female youtuber with skill to weave intellect with comedy skits. Sorry, but some things are not meant to be disclosed to the public.

But often I don't watch or else I won't sleep.