What do you think? (website design)

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
So, I'm volunteering at a non-profit co-op here in town, and they want to revise thier website.

This is thier current website. It's really not bad, but they want something with a little more personality.

I came up with this. I wanted to keep it fairly simple, but give it a little bit of "sacramento bike kitchen" flavor. The page is based on a photo of the shop (see the window in this photo), and the title text is taken straight from a chalkboard inside.

What do you think?

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
I like it, but I would change to body font to something different, like 10pt Verdana.

Jun 4, 2005
I'm not sure why, but I don't really like it. There's just...something about it. I think the original one would be fine if it were stretched out a bit more, with more content on the main page.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
I haven't really done anything with the body text yet. So that font probably won't be final, anyway.
And LoKe, I apprecaite your opinion, but that doesn't give me a lot to work with. ;)

I have no idea if anyone else will like it at all yet, so I might not bother doing anymore work on it if the rest of the people at the co-op don't think it's promising.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
Originally posted by: LoKe
I'm not sure why, but I don't really like it. There's just...something about it. I think the original one would be fine if it were stretched out a bit more, with more content on the main page.

The original one sucks because it doesn't have enough cowbell though.

cw42

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
i kinda like the original more... it just needs a better pic, and a better splash of colors.