What do you think of the sony MD players/recorders?

Xionide

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2002
I am thinking about buying this one and I was wondering if people like these players. Is the menu user friendly? how about the sound quality/loudness?

-Xionide

Jetblade

Banned
Aug 21, 2003
There ok but I rather have a smaller mp3 player. With no moving parts so the battery lasts longer.

With sony's Walkman. You have to convert all your music to ATRAC too.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I think that without minidiscs my job would be much, much more annoying and difficult. I love them :)

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Jetblade
There ok but I rather have a smaller mp3 player. With no moving parts so the battery lasts longer.

Just bought an MZ-N505 and I love it...it says that the player gets like 56 hours of playtime from ONE AA battery.

Xionide, I'd recommend a NetMD player, something like an MZ-N505 or NE410 (both can be found for $100-$130). Visit these forums for all your questions.

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Imdmn04
Originally posted by: 00Jones
get an ipod

ipod is alot fatter than a md, and the batt lasts 40 hours on a md.

not to mention that they're friggin expensive. Also, if you use an iPOD while jogging or working out, I would think that the constant jostling would put the hard drive through its paces.

Xionide

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2002
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
I think that without minidiscs my job would be much, much more annoying and difficult. I love them :)

Are they very loud?

-Xionide

Xionide

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2002
Originally posted by: MaxDSP
Originally posted by: Jetblade

Just bought an MZ-N505 and I love it...it says that the player gets like 56 hours of playtime from ONE AA battery.

Xionide, I'd recommend a NetMD player, something like an MZ-N505 or NE410 (both can be found for $100-$130). Visit these forums for all your questions.

Thank you. Those players seem like they are better then what I found. And I like that I can get it new from amazon.com.

-xionide

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
i've got a sony mz-n707 that i really like, but i've finally replaced my minidisc player with an ipod. minidisc works well but the size is just not there and i was carrying around a whole bunch of discs. it works great tho, and you get great battery life (50 hours on a single alkaline AA is nice!). definately get something with netmd, you can use lp2 (or lp4 if you don't mind the lower quality) and put more music on a disc, and transferring a cd via your computer is much easier than recording it using the optical cable. the software isn't the best in the world but it worked fine for me.