what do you think of infinity subwoofers?

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
I've heard that the higher end infinity's are awesome. thats just what i've heard though.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
From my experience with speakers, infinity is a half-step below Polk but still way above off-brands like KLH. And like Ameesh says, Velodynes are nicer.

Did you check audioreviews.com and cnet.com for reviews? Google?

CyberCowboy

Apr 16, 2001
audioreview.com doesn't seem to have any reviews for the infinity PS-X series.
cnet has a review on the PS-10, but that doesn't help me any. I can't seem to find any reviews on this PS-12 unit.

and I can't find anything on google either. (maybe i'm not good at google... i don't know)

Apex

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
www.gotapex.com
They're not bad. I've had an Infinity HPS1000 (1000w amplifier, 15" driver, two 15" radiators).

For around $400-500, there are better choices though.

Velodyne is nice, but definitely NOT for the money.

faZZter

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2001
I've owned a 12" Infinity sub for about 9 years for use with my home theatre setups (which have changed receivers/other speakers many times) and it has always performed well.

It is the only thing that hasn't been changed on the whole setup, I'd recommend Infinity.

CyberCowboy

Apr 16, 2001
alright... I'm gonna take a chance on this infinity ps-12 subwoofer.

It's $484 after tax (free shipping) at circuit city.com... (is this a good deal?). But there's a $30 Mail in rebate and 10% worth of Gift Cards that i have to get in the mail.

that makes it about $400 after rebates, (which is still cheaper than the comparable velodyne models).

One question though... if I buy from circuitcity.com and don't like it, can I return or exchange it at an actual circuit city store? I'm not too familiar with returns and exchanges...

thanks for your suggestions