What do you think about this (I dont want this turning into a flamewar)

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< What do you think about this >>

I think they dumped it in the wrong place. Should have been Iceland.

Russ, NCNE

bluemax

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2000
Good greif.... :Q

Will human stupidity never cease? :| Let's just irreversably poison the only world we have. This isn't Master of Orion where we can all pack up and leave to another planet after this one becomes uninhabitable from waste pollution.

Locutus of Board

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 1999
I am by no means an enviromentalist. (I may become one though.)

We are going to royally screw our planet up to the point of no return.

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
I am not suprised in the least. Nobody cares about anything except for MONEY now a days.

Do you think it costs a lot of money to dump nuclear waste at the bottom of the ocean???

hmmmm. now do you think it costs a lot of money to research how to get rid of nuclear waste effectively?

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

<< In fact, in recent decades, divers in the area have brought up at least 50 species of worms and crustaceans previously unknown to science. >>

How many heads did they have?

Hey Locutus - What is the point of no return? You already can't get yesterday back. The owrld is ever changing. If we pollute enough, we will upset eco-systems, but evloution has a way of finding equilibrium in changing environments.

bluemax

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2000
Please don't tell me you're counting on EVOLUTION to save your ass from starvation after there's no cropland left, water is undrinkable, meat animals are inedible, etc...

Cows are not adjusting to foot &amp; mouth or mad cow disease.
Chickens are not getting over salmonella.
Topsoil is not regenerating fast enough to compensate its loss.
Rainforests are disappearing at an alarming rate, along with the world's oxygen generation.
Deserts are spreading rapidly over areas that were destroyed by slash-burning forests and &quot;developing&quot;.
Sea plankton and other small sea life which also generate oxygen are being killed by pollution.
Drinking water is being tainted by industrial waste at higher and higher levels each year, and with worse substances.
Antibiotics are creating more powerful strains of infectious disease.

Behold, the almighty dollar!

If people would stop thinking of themselves before anything else, they'd realize their destructive path. (I mean destructive in more than just environment.) :|

And there's still some people that ask, &quot;Is man's nature good or evil?&quot; You even need to ask? Just because you haven't killed anyone doesn't mean you're not a selfish human thinking of your own best interests and be damned anyone else.

Within our lifetimes, mark my words, we will see the error of these follies come to a head.
It won't be pretty.

Tauren

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2001
<<but evloution has a way of finding equilibrium in changing environments>>

Umm...wish in one hand....

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
Note to self: don't eat any more crab or clam chowder from fisherman's warf.

Locutus of Board

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 1999

<< Hey Locutus - What is the point of no return? You already can't get yesterday back. The owrld is ever changing. If we pollute enough, we will upset eco-systems, but evloution has a way of finding equilibrium in changing environments. >>

Bluemax put my retort better I could ever have.