What do you think about the VGAStore?

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Here's a link to it.

Anyone here know if this place legitimate? How can they have so many old graphics cards for sale still? The boxes aren't shown, just the cards. What condition are the things they sell in?

If any of the eVGA 9800GTX+ they have listed are new then I'm going to buy one and shove my GTX 660 Ti up nvidia's ass... which is why I'm asking.

Majcric

Golden Member
May 3, 2011
Just curious, but why are you looking for a 9800 gtx+? I mean, My ole XFX 9800 gtx+ was the most rock solid card i've ever owned, however, it's way past its prime. What are the 600 series lacking that is disappointing? My 680 has been a very solid card.

I have no idea if that site is legit, but I'd probably be shopping on Amazon or Ebay. You can probably grab one for around 50 bucks, or maybe less.

Edit: I see you're looking for new.

Majcric

Golden Member
May 3, 2011
Can you go in depth a bit? I mean I had a GTX 560ti that was a turd. I sold the dam thing and I don't know if NVidia every got it right. Really, the only driver I've had any trouble with on my 680 was 310.70 WHQL.

But yeah after owning that 560ti card, nVidia's 'ti' cards scare me a bit. it's a mental thing.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Can you go in depth a bit? I mean I had a GTX 560ti that was a turd. I sold the dam thing and I don't know if NVidia every got it right. Really, the only driver I've had any trouble with on my 680 was 310.70 WHQL. But yeah after owning that 560ti card, nVidia's 'ti' cards scare me a bit. it's a mental thing.
They have this depth optimization that's new and they have poor filtering quality. Trilinear mipmaps can't be forced either.

nvidia and AMD suck a mountain of @ss because all they care about is performance. 300 fps in Crysis is enough. They act like they'd get executed if they gave the user options.

Face2Face

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2001
Shouldn't this store be called Lavaheadache's closet?

Posted from Anandtech.com App for Android