• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

What do you think about the 1776, the war of independence, and the declaration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
What do you wish had happened in regards to 1776, the war of independence, and the declaration?

I think Jefferson's Declaration of Independence was right, but John Adams kind of ruined it by giving Washington too much power first as general rather than leaving it up to the asskicking militias and that lead to more and more forced union. Adams didn't care to undo any of the damage, although Washington did his best to undo some of the damage he inadvertantly caused... I don't think Washington's culpability was that high considering that he had been a prisoner of war and that he could not be educated in his day because of dyslexia. I'd say he shared half the blame with Adams... what else, I don't know. I hope I never get tortured... I worry about it, even though I don't deserve it. They can and should just murder me and give my dead body back to my parents so my future dead body can become 100% ashes and never be buried, never be ressurected, never be resuscitated, and never be sent to another planet. Agents of the State can do scary things.

We shouldn't be trying to force union (which the Constitution was), we should be worried about restoring liberty (which the Declaration of Independence was) while taking into account the NAP and acting upon it during a majority of our lifetimes.

Even the Articles of Confederation was a mistake because it lead to nationalism and the Declaration intended for each colony to be a free and independent State. The Articles of Confederation was good, but not as much as no treaty between the States at all. It simply centralized their bind to each other by trying to be a law. The Declaration of Independence is divine, the Articles of Confederation was divinely inspired, and the Constitution sucks.

I conclude that the Spirit of 1776 was good, but its overall result wasn't good... all of which makes me much more grateful to reason and truth thanks to those who become super natural.

Last edited:

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
A scandalous affair, Britain lost a chunk of it's glorious empire because some stroppy eejits didn't want to pay taxes.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
My third grade history teacher was too busy teaching us why Republicans were better than Democrats to delve into the subject that deeply.

I can't even imagine how many American Wars there would have been by now if we just had 50 state-countries. I imagine the middle east x 50.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
John Hancock should have gone by 'Jack' and killed more Britons with his bare hands, resulting in him receiving the position of Commander in Chief over the traitorous murderous anti-American George Washington.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Without the abniity to raise a standing army; each of the militias would not have been able to stand up against coordinated attacks by the English.

Together the people were strong enough to repel the Brits; separately, it would have been a lost cause.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
My third grade history teacher was too busy teaching us why Republicans were better than Democrats to delve into the subject that deeply.

I can't even imagine how many American Wars there would have been by now if we just had 50 state-countries. I imagine the middle east x 50.
Interesting. I've heard the opposite. Heaven forbid that one should wear a T-shirt to school that didn't support a Democratic candidate.

I suppose we have a better school system here.

The original ideas embodied in the Constitution were good ones. The goal was to provide a balance, a tension between the states and Federal government and within the Federal government itself. The idea of maximum liberty in a society which values freedom and individuality while preserving a mechanism to oversee those goals was a noble one.

Unfortunately high ideals are subverted by petty interests. They did not adequately foresee that the entire framework of government could be easily ruined by political parties. Washington did, but the die was cast. We have these faux elections where one votes for a President, or Rep, or Senator, but they are shams. The parties to which they belong are all powerful entities. What you pick are parties, which control the officers of government. Obama and the Democratic Congress will always have the same goals and agendas. Those will override the mandates of office, the purpose of their reason to be. Instead they are there to promote The Agenda, and that is set by the party and influenced by those who help them retain power. Obama and the Dems get my ire now because they wasted precious opportunities for political expediency. Like their predecessors their wants are more important than the legitimate needs of the nation. Their imperative destroys the Constitutional rule, each creating ridiculous precedent on which to justify further obscenities of collective and personal partisan gain. Those blocks, those stones, those worse than senseless things. Those who are adored by their minions.

Other than that I like it :p

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
The proper way to understand the American Revolution is the same way you would understand a turf war between two competing Mafias. An upstart Mafia, the Founding Dads gang, wrested control of what they considered their home territory from a more distant and more powerful entrenched Mafia (The Crown). They didn't like being subservient to another Mafia, so they created their own and declared "independence".

The leaders of the Founding Dads Mafia sold this turf war revolution to the poor peasant farmers who fought it as a struggle for "freedom", "liberty", and "self-governance", and naturally, they believed it, as human beings are eternally optimistic and never seem to learn from history, despite thousands of years of well-documented lessons.

So the turf war known as the American Revolution commenced. The entrenched Crown Mafia could have won the turf war, but they had more pressing concerns with other competing Government Mafias closer to their home territory. The Crown Mafia essentially fought a very conservative, restrained battle with one hand tied behind its back, which led to the upstart Founding Dads Mafia winning the turf war.

The Founding Dads Mafia then took power, drew up a bunch of phony laws amongst themselves, created a new nation called the United States, and divvied up the spoils. The Founding Dads Mafia ended up being just as tyrannical as the Crown Mafia, with higher taxes, a protected slave-owning class, and other oppressions and transgressions against the people (Whiskey Rebellion, Alien and Sedition Acts, etc...) they supposedly "represented".

The end.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I think that it happened 250 years ago and qualifies as neither politics nor news. I also think Juror No 8 is an Anarchist420 secondary name as he seems to agree with everything Anarchist posts and is the only person who decided to participate in this farce of a thread.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I think that it happened 250 years ago and qualifies as neither politics nor news. I also think Juror No 8 is an Anarchist420 secondary name as he seems to agree with everything Anarchist posts and is the only person who decided to participate in this farce of a thread.
From a perspective of where we are and where we are going, one has to look at where we came from so I see the topic it itself as legitimate for purposes of discussion.

I don't buy that Anarchist420 and JN8 are one in the same. While I often do not understand the first, the second is easier. He is a contrarian for the sake of cruelty. A420 has never been mean spirited as I see him.

Oh, JN8, did you miss leaving Madagascar? It must have been a dream for a hissing cockroach such as yourself.

See thraashman? When someone goes about looking to be seen as inhuman, just make him unhuman and into a bug or moss or fungi or something.

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
This is brilliant logic. If two people agree on something, that must mean they are the same person.

What a revelation! This makes so much sense! So all you Big Government worshiping bootlickers are really just one person! And here I was thinking that the masses are asses!

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Interesting. I've heard the opposite. Heaven forbid that one should wear a T-shirt to school that didn't support a Democratic candidate.

I suppose we have a better school system here.

The original ideas embodied in the Constitution were good ones. The goal was to provide a balance, a tension between the states and Federal government and within the Federal government itself. The idea of maximum liberty in a society which values freedom and individuality while preserving a mechanism to oversee those goals was a noble one.

Unfortunately high ideals are subverted by petty interests. They did not adequately foresee that the entire framework of government could be easily ruined by political parties. Washington did, but the die was cast. We have these faux elections where one votes for a President, or Rep, or Senator, but they are shams. The parties to which they belong are all powerful entities. What you pick are parties, which control the officers of government. Obama and the Democratic Congress will always have the same goals and agendas. Those will override the mandates of office, the purpose of their reason to be. Instead they are there to promote The Agenda, and that is set by the party and influenced by those who help them retain power. Obama and the Dems get my ire now because they wasted precious opportunities for political expediency. Like their predecessors their wants are more important than the legitimate needs of the nation. Their imperative destroys the Constitutional rule, each creating ridiculous precedent on which to justify further obscenities of collective and personal partisan gain. Those blocks, those stones, those worse than senseless things. Those who are adored by their minions.

Other than that I like it :p
What is The Agenda? Government takeover of healthcare? :rolleyes:

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
This is brilliant logic. If two people agree on something, that must mean they are the same person. What a revelation! This makes so much sense! So all you Big Government worshiping bootlickers are really just one person! And here I was thinking that the masses are asses! Juror No. 8 is online now Report Post
I never knew what to think about the guy except that he was more trash than myself. Then again, I'm biased towards liberty and I understand the state, govt, history, and economics more than he does. If I were any less independent then I'd be a trashman. A big apology to the wolfe of >= 9 purity... that said, I believe he has a plan to avoid the sword/Washington melting or to not really be affected by it... when Governor Romney and the Republican Statist Party self destructs it will be worse than lava all over the country if not the rest of the physical world, and maybe more than that. It will like shockwaves, but I don't want them to penetrate me because I want to be neither Romulus nor Remus. I don't even want to be Julius Caesar. I want to have a good soul of my own for all eternity.
that's sig material
Now that you mention it, I should mention that I', not the first to say it. At the same time, the page or pages about it that I like on facebook weren't on my mind until you said it was sig worthy. Give Lysander Spooner credit, not me.:)

Brigandier

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2008
I think a bunch of working class er... folks got rich and got tired of paying their pimp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY