What do you think about Bush?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Sinsear
The best part of Bush is that he gets these libtards all worked up into a frenzy all the time; like foaming at the mouth.

And even better than that, after they have thrown their hissy fits, and cussed up a storm, and drooled all over their keyboards, at the end of the day he is still President.
How's it feel to be responsible for America being much worse off now than it was 7 years ago?

GTKeeper

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2005
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
1. I was not celebrating anything, I was pointing out 'facts' go back and read GT's response where he made all the claims that started this tangent.

2. There IS a difference between a political scandal (i.e. doing something the other sides does not like) and a legal scandal where one breaks the law. Bush has had a lot of the former, but very few of the later.

3. Again, I did not try to explain away his misdeeds, I was trying to correct the out right fallacies presenting by GT in his post. As I said there are plenty of things to not like Bush for. It just happens to be that the reason the left hates him are 100% different than the reasons the right hates him.

Ok, you are right on the number of vetoes. But you cannot deny that Bush has had a large number of prominent members of the government resign under his leadership and the GOP overall is on the decline in terms of Senate/House seats as of 2006. I think in 2008 they will lose even more.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
tamaron, I think you should be able to tell by the replies here that George W isn't very well liked here either.

The American people were somehow fooled into TWICE voting for a man who couldn't run his own companies, (except into the ground) so why should we be surprised that he's only managed to run the USA into what's beginning to look like the worst financial condition it's been in since the 1930's?

Democrats have (at best) disliked him since he stole the 2000 election, and at worst, have champiioned for his impeachement and for him to be charged with war crimes in the Hague.
I'm in my 50's and can't remember a president being more hated...Even Nixon was liked more than Bush.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: Craig234
Originally posted by: Arkaign
There aren't vile enough words in any language to express my wrath and disgust with that subhuman piece of garbage.

From a self-described conservative, did you vote for him in 2000 or 2004? Did you always oppose him, or what was the point where you begant to oppose him?

No, I live in Texas, so I got to see first-hand what a jerk he was up close and personal long before he became President. I didn't vote for him for Governor either.

I'm a conservative in the way that I don't think the government is very good at providing solutions for the most part. But I'm also a pragmatist, and realize by good example, that the gov't can (and should) perform many basic purposes, and things like our Military (political leadership notwithstanding) and Post Office do a fine job in general.

Socially, I don't believe the government should have many powers on telling people what to do/say/think, or how to behave. I believe that our freedoms should not be bent or ignored for political expedience or for temporary 'security', as the precedents set could bring dire consequences for more/all of us in the future. I believe the value of holding a generally high moral standard is much more valuable than the (possible) small gains of lowering ourselves to base and vile acts such as state-sanctioned torture. It's irrelevant how horrible the crimes of our enemies, by lowering our standards we only cheapen what it means to be an American.

Economically, I see evil on both sides of the fence. With the (R)'s for quite some time now, what you get is very high spending on areas with little recirculatory value in the general economy, combined with lower taxes / more exemptions for the rich, along with stagnant/reduced social spending. As the overall recipe is for higher deficits, I vehemently disagree with this approach. With the (D)'s of late, you see moderately high spending in areas with moderate recirculatory value, combined with lower taxes for the poor, and higher taxes for the rich, and slightly increased social spending. I am somewhat more inclined towards this approach, though it's still far from perfect. As both sides tend to favor huge pork spending and government waste, I have little confidence in the performance of either party in managing our economic direction. It's always spend now, pay later, damn the consequences, with little band-aids and fingers in the dam to hold back the inevitable. My ideal economic platform would be : massively reduced spending, combining/eliminating redundant or unnecessary federal agencies, giving more power to the states, much lower taxes for the poorest 50%, moderately lower taxes for the rich, and a 'don't tread on me' foreign policy where we never engage unless directly attacked. I don't mind focused and accountable military spending where necessary, and I strongly support paying for the college and training for our servicemen and women.

So you see, I don't see a good option either way, and as an economic conservative, with what is seen as liberal social values (weird that so many 'conservatives' seem to think the government should be poking it's face in our lives at every turn, and spending our money hand over fist in ill-conceived foreign disasters), I don't really have a viable candidate or platform to support. I'm much more offended by a fake 'conservative', than I am of an honest liberal. The liberal will tell you what he's about, the 'conservative' will tell you with a straight face that he's for lower taxes, smaller government, and more individual responsibility and freedom, all the while shredding the constitution, spending our children's money, lowering taxes for only the rich, and having an utter disregard for due process, a sense of honor, equal justice, or even accountability. So yes, I see Bush as a shit-stain on the roadmap of our tattered country's legacy, and I revile him with utter contempt.

I could name off dozens of people that would have done a much better job as Prez, you, Vic, even ProfJohn is capable of usually putting together coherent thoughts.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
The best part of Bush is that he gets these libtards all worked up into a frenzy all the time; like foaming at the mouth.

And even better than that, after they have thrown their hissy fits, and cussed up a storm, and drooled all over their keyboards, at the end of the day he is still President.

That begs the question of what's your excuse for sitting on your hands?

{edit} Oh! I get it. The biblical parable of making a great uproar about the splinter in your neighbor's eye while ignoring the beam in your own.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: WHAMPOM

That begs the question of what's your excuse for sitting on your hands?

{edit} Oh! I get it. The biblical parable of making a great uproar about the splinter in your neighbor's eye while ignoring the beam in your own.

He also conveniently ignores that with Bush's approval rating at about 27%, half the people that voted for him also think he sucks. Guess that makes about half the republican party "libtards."

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Bush = gutter trash.

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: bamacre
Originally posted by: Harvey
I am proud of the principles freedom and equality for which our nation stands.

What do you mean by equality?

We stand for it, we just don't implement it. ;)

venkman

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2007
I like big hairy b.....oh you mean the president. :p

Let's just say I'm counting down the days until he leaves office. McCain/Obama/Clinton, it doesn't matter. As long as that many isn't in power, I'm happy.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
Arkaign, that post was phenomenal.

Of course, I'm just a libtard, so what would I know?

eleison

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006

haahahaha.. thats funny... for all the "smugness" of the elite liberals.. bush was able to out smart them all... regulating the left crazies into the realm of internet ravings and "bush hating" circle jerks..

hiromizu

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
He was definitely a mistake that has put everyone into a state of denial to the point of no return.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Originally posted by: eleison

haahahaha.. thats funny... for all the "smugness" of the elite liberals.. bush was able to out smart them all... regulating the left crazies into the realm of internet ravings and "bush hating" circle jerks..

While the administration and people who still support them circle jerk to videos of dark skinned people getting blown up. Oh, did I just say that out loud?

How exactly is it funny that people are pissed off about the senseless killings of thousands and thousands of people in the name of god (which has never been proven to exist) and country (countries don't last forever)? HAW HAW.

Go F yourself. :D

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: eleison

Actually he outsmarted the Conservatives by getting them to vote for him.

wirelessenabled

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
He's the worse thing to happen to America in a long time. It will take us many years to recover from his Presidency.

Took us 10 years to recover from that POS Reagan.

Probably will take 15 years to undo GWB/Cheney damage.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Phokus
Originally posted by: Tab
As much as I dislike him and his administration there have been much worse presidents than him.

I'd give him a D+.

I wouldn't say MUCH worse... he's quite near the bottom of the barrel.

IMHO, bush came out from UNDER the barrel to perp his nasty deeds on the nation that GAVE him everything, of which he TOOK everything and gave back absolutely nothing in return except notices to parents, spouses, children and loved ones that their cherished loved one in the military died serving him and cheney and the bill he left on the table to stiff us after gorging himself on america's treasures for eight years.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Lets put it this way. How ANY president could dance, try to act cute or pretend all is well while men and women are dying in his war, explains everything.
There is a special hell waiting for Bush. That is, unless, he already runs it...

PS. Think about it!

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Vic

Unfortunately, this is only amusing if you're a partisan tool who cares nothing about the good of the country.

QFMFT. Grow up Sinsear and ship out.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
The first thing that pops in mind is war criminal and then the list just keeps getting longer

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Originally posted by: eits
i think bush will have a very hard time getting into heaven once he dies

LOL. I can see the Big Man just laughing at Bush, and hitting the big ass Straight to Hell button.

tamaron

Apr 29, 2008
Wow! thanks for the info. I am reading it now because I have not internet in my home... I was waiting someone to defend him, but I see he is not very popular here.
Here in Spain we had a very bad president for 8 years, a little guy with moustache who drolls when Mr. Bush is with him... I was thinking about emigrate outside my country when he take us into Irak hell, 80%-90% of the people was against that war, especially when the UN still had those inspectors over there. I was to several demonstrations of repulse and we were disbanded by the police, it was peaceful but I admit it was illegal or not authorized at least.

What I see now is a sort of polarization in two sides, "you are with me or against me" I don't like that line of thinking. I am worried about that war against terror and the consequences against us, I see freedoms being down, Responsabilities not taken seriously, I think that now there is a truly "caste system" for politicians and businessmen. Why don't they respond when they are wrong? Where is his dignity? This is not a statement because I know there are a few good guys over there, and thanks to them this system is barely standing.

I don't think that left wing is good and right wing is bad. What we need is people with common sense. Nothing more.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety". Do you know who is the author of this? I think it is very appropiate now.

slpaulson

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2000
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
That was Ben Franklin

Too bad George Bush doesn't share the same philosophy.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002

As of 5/7/08, 4,073 Americans have died, tens of thousands more are wounded, scarred and disabled for life and trillions of dollars have been squandered in your Traitor In Chief's war of LIES.
rose.gif
:(

Your Traitor In Chief and his criminal cabal are guilty of MURDER for each and every one of those deaths. They are guilty of TREASON for shredding the rights guaranteed to every American citizen under the U.S. Constitution in furtherance of their criminality. They are guilty of torture under both American and international law.

In every aspect of American government, their performance has ranged from abject criminal corruption to total incompetence.

If those are "conservative" values, the first definition of the word should be "See lying, inept, totalitarian TURD."

And for the entire time you have been posting on these forums, YOU have been pimping their criminality with lies, distractions and deceit. Either you're stupid to understand the extent of thier crimes, or you are one of the criminals. Which is it? :|

Its like that movie, Groundhog's Day

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: nick1985

As of 5/7/08, 4,073 Americans have died, tens of thousands more are wounded, scarred and disabled for life and trillions of dollars have been squandered in your Traitor In Chief's war of LIES.
rose.gif

Your Traitor In Chief and his criminal cabal are guilty of MURDER for each and every one of those deaths. They are guilty of TREASON for shredding the rights guaranteed to every American citizen under the U.S. Constitution in furtherance of their criminality. They are guilty of torture under both American and international law.

In every aspect of American government, their performance has ranged from abject criminal corruption to total incompetence.

If those are "conservative" values, the first definition of the word should be "See lying, inept, totalitarian TURD."

And for the entire time you have been posting on these forums, YOU have been pimping their criminality with lies, distractions and deceit. Either you're stupid to understand the extent of thier crimes, or you are one of the criminals. Which is it? :|

Its like that movie, Groundhog's Day

If you mean that I've been posting the same truth for far longer than far too many Americans were paying attention, you're right, except that the number of dead and wounded Americans and the amount of money your Traitor In Chief keeps squandering keeps growing.
rose.gif

George W. Bush is an embarrassment to our nation and a turd in the punchbowl of American history. The question is, why haven't the few remaining brown nosed Bushwhacko sycophants figured it out, yet? :roll:

The only two possible answers are, they're dumber than a rock, or they're among the traitors, murderers, torturers, war criminals and liars. :|