What do you think about Bush?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Phokus
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Originally posted by: GTKeeper As president he has vetoed more bills than any other, he has had more resignations of his appointments than any other. I think under his tenure the GOP has had more scandals than ever, lets see... Tom Delay, Mr. Page Molester, Mr. Let me pick up a cop for some bathroom sex and the list goes on. And more serious offenses like firing Attorneys for political reasons, blatant use of supposed 'Executive Privilege' more times than I can count.
Where are you getting your 'facts' from??

Bush has vetoed 8 bills!!! Only 8!!! Clinton 36, H. W. Bush 29, Reagan 39.
You have to go all the way back to Warren Harding to find a President with less vetos, and Harding only served 2.5 years.

I am guessing the rest of your 'facts' have as much truth as that first one as well. Unless you can provide proof that he had more resignations etc.

As for scandals most of Bush's scandals have political in nature. When it comes to law breaking and people resigned because of that his admin has been rather clean.

I understand you don't like Bush and all that, but let's stick to the real 'facts' and not repeat made up left wing fantasies.
Lord knows he has made enough mistakes without resorting to made up 'facts'

Bahahaha, are you some sort of comedian? It's kind of hard to break the law when you basically say the executive office is above the law. Bush has done more to destroy the checks and balances of government than any previous president. Get real

:roll:

It's hard to break the law when it's Cheney's Law.

:p

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Bahahaha, are you some sort of comedian? It's kind of hard to break the law when you basically say the executive office is above the law. Bush has done more to destroy the checks and balances of government than any previous president. Get real

ok, name some scandals that have involved out right law breaking.

How many special prosecutors have we had under Bush? etc etc
And then compare that number to past Presidents and tell me what you get.

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The Patriot Act and related abuses by this administration are as serious as any scandal I can remember.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: GTKeeper As president he has vetoed more bills than any other, he has had more resignations of his appointments than any other. I think under his tenure the GOP has had more scandals than ever, lets see... Tom Delay, Mr. Page Molester, Mr. Let me pick up a cop for some bathroom sex and the list goes on. And more serious offenses like firing Attorneys for political reasons, blatant use of supposed 'Executive Privilege' more times than I can count.
Where are you getting your 'facts' from??

Bush has vetoed 8 bills!!! Only 8!!! Clinton 36, H. W. Bush 29, Reagan 39.
You have to go all the way back to Warren Harding to find a President with less vetos, and Harding only served 2.5 years.

I am guessing the rest of your 'facts' have as much truth as that first one as well. Unless you can provide proof that he had more resignations etc.

As for scandals most of Bush's scandals have political in nature. When it comes to law breaking and people resigned because of that his admin has been rather clean.

I understand you don't like Bush and all that, but let's stick to the real 'facts' and not repeat made up left wing fantasies.
Lord knows he has made enough mistakes without resorting to made up 'facts'
I'm shocked to see you defend Bush and his administration. ;)

You discredited one point (the vetos). Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the (R)'s in control of all 3 branches for 6 of Bush's 7 1/2 years in office? Wouldn't that equate to fewer vetos? Oh, and he voted down embryonic stem cell research. Twice. I guess it's better to protect some cells that are going to be discarded than use them for research to cure disease in living people.

I don't blame all of the GOP scandals on GWB&Co but he and his administration have had their share. *I don't get 'clean' from that list. ;)

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
From the book, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

The President in particular is very much a figurehead ? he wields no real power whatsoever. He is apparently chosen by the government, but the qualities he is required to display are not those of leadership but those of finely judged outrage. For this reason the President is always a controversial choice, always an infuriating but fascinating character. His job is not to wield power but to draw attention away from it.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
He's a despot wannabe, and blackwater does not rule, they're hired thugs, and Iraq had no valid point then or now... All they're doing now is saving face. I hope they (the administration) burns.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: Tab
As much as I dislike him and his administration there have been much worse presidents than him.
I'd give him a D+.
Presidents, like two much worse than Bush? God's sake, name one of them.

Buchanan, Grant...

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007

Imprisonment without trial

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Why have special prosecutors when GWB&Co will pull executive privilege at any charge?

I'm sure you've already seen this but I'll throw it out there anyway: LINK

Hyperblaze

Lifer
May 31, 2001
I keep asking people (for those who elected bush), knowing what you know now, would you still elect Bush? Could Kerry of done a worse job?

I never get a straight answer.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Robor

You discredited one point (the vetos). Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the (R)'s in control of all 3 branches for 6 of Bush's 7 1/2 years in office? Wouldn't that equate to fewer vetos? Oh, and he voted down embryonic stem cell research. Twice. I guess it's better to protect some cells that are going to be discarded than use them for research to cure disease in living people.

I don't blame all of the GOP scandals on GWB&Co but he and his administration have had their share. *I don't get 'clean' from that list. ;)
First, as I said there is a LOT to dislike Bush about. His overspending would be first in the minds of most conservatives.

On Vetoes:
JFK had 12 in three years and he had a Democrat congress.
Carter had 13 and he too had a Democrat congress.

One reason Bush has had few vetoes is because he has done an amazing job of getting congress to do what he wants them too. I don't think he gets enough credit in that regard.

As for the list you link too, most of the list is political in nature. Legality wise, Clinton had two cabinet members resign due to legal reasons, I don't think Bush has had one resign due to those types of reasons.

When we talk about scandals in general it is easy to live in the here and now and remember all the problems surround Bush. But we forget all the scandals under Bill Clinton, they were pretty much endless it seemed. Reagan had similar problems in his second term as well. The fact is that most two term Presidents go through scandals in their second term.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Hyperblaze
I keep asking people (for those who elected bush), knowing what you know now, would you still elect Bush? Could Kerry of done a worse job?

Yes Kerry could have done a worse job.

I am sure people asked that same question of Nixon. Then we elected Carter and look what we got.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

I am sure people asked that same question of Nixon. Then we elected Carter and look what we got.

Bush is your party's Carter, not Nixon.

leingod86

Oct 19, 2007
Originally posted by: Robor

First, as I said there is a LOT to dislike Bush about. His overspending would be first in the minds of most conservatives.

On Vetoes:

One reason Bush has had few vetoes is because he has done an amazing job of getting congress to do what he wants them too. I don't think he gets enough credit in that regard.

As for the list you link too, most of the list is political in nature. Legality wise, Clinton had two cabinet members resign due to legal reasons, I don't think Bush has had one resign due to those types of reasons.

When we talk about scandals in general it is easy to live in the here and now and remember all the problems surround Bush. But we forget all the scandals under Bill Clinton, they were pretty much endless it seemed. Reagan had similar problems in his second term as well. The fact is that most two term Presidents go through scandals in their second term.

That's not exactly a good quality, when what he wants them to do is idiotic.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007

From the republican handbook:

- When on the defensive, confuse and obfuscate no matter how ridiculous it might sound to a rational person. One tactic is to direct attention to inane issues. Repetition can be used to drive the opponent insane.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ebaycj
George W. Bush is a worthless piece of shit.

Disclaimer: I'm American.

You praise him too highly. At least, shit can be recycled as fertilzer in which something useful can grow. Everything the Bush administration has done has left this nation and the world far poorer and far more devastated in its wake.

George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and the entire administration are traitors, murderers, torturers, war criminals, war profiteers and liars. They should all be tried and convicted for their crimes.

In an earlier century, they would all be shot. Hopefully, we're in more enlightened times. I just want to see all of them given all expenses paid lifetime vacations at the beautiful downtown Guantanamo Hilton with free daily passes on the exciting waterboard ride.

Waterboarding isn't torture. They said so, themselves, and we can believe them, right? :roll:

CLAIMER: I am an American. I am proud of the principles freedom and equality for which our nation stands, but I am embarrassed and saddened by the deep, dark palor of shame George W. Bush and his entire administration have cast over our once proud nation.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
The best part of Bush is that he gets these libtards all worked up into a frenzy all the time; like foaming at the mouth.

And even better than that, after they have thrown their hissy fits, and cussed up a storm, and drooled all over their keyboards, at the end of the day he is still President.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Sinsear
The best part of Bush is that he gets these libtards all worked up into a frenzy all the time; like foaming at the mouth.

And even better than that, after they have thrown their hissy fits, and cussed up a storm, and drooled all over their keyboards, at the end of the day he is still President.

Unfortunately, this is only amusing if you're a partisan tool who cares nothing about the good of the country.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

On Vetoes:

And the Dem congress has been heavily criticized for bending over the desk for Bush so while you celebrate a lack of vetos the left berates the (D) congress for letting Bush have free reign. Just look at their approval rating for proof.

Political in nature or not a scandal is a scandal and GWB&Co have had plenty. Bill got a BJ in the oval office and got in trouble because he lied about it. George invaded a country on questionable at best and fabricated at worst evidence. Which is worse? You can try to explain away all the missdeads of GWB&Co but there's a reason his approval rating is where it's at. He's been a *terrible* president.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Arkaign
There aren't vile enough words in any language to express my wrath and disgust with that subhuman piece of garbage.

From a self-described conservative, did you vote for him in 2000 or 2004? Did you always oppose him, or what was the point where you begant to oppose him?

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
1. I was not celebrating anything, I was pointing out 'facts' go back and read GT's response where he made all the claims that started this tangent.

2. There IS a difference between a political scandal (i.e. doing something the other sides does not like) and a legal scandal where one breaks the law. Bush has had a lot of the former, but very few of the later.

3. Again, I did not try to explain away his misdeeds, I was trying to correct the out right fallacies presenting by GT in his post. As I said there are plenty of things to not like Bush for. It just happens to be that the reason the left hates him are 100% different than the reasons the right hates him.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Yep, until 01/20/2009 when he'll be ushered out the back door of the white house to live the rest of his life as the worst president in history. Resume teabagging now, Sinsear... :roll:

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

As of 5/7/08, 4,073 Americans have died, tens of thousands more are wounded, scarred and disabled for life and trillions of dollars have been squandered in your Traitor In Chief's war of LIES.
rose.gif
:(

Your Traitor In Chief and his criminal cabal are guilty of MURDER for each and every one of those deaths. They are guilty of TREASON for shredding the rights guaranteed to every American citizen under the U.S. Constitution in furtherance of their criminality. They are guilty of torture under both American and international law.

In every aspect of American government, their performance has ranged from abject criminal corruption to total incompetence.

If those are "conservative" values, the first definition of the word should be "See lying, inept, totalitarian TURD."

And for the entire time you have been posting on these forums, YOU have been pimping their criminality with lies, distractions and deceit. Either you're stupid to understand the extent of thier crimes, or you are one of the criminals. Which is it? :|

That defies reality. :roll:

We got a decent human being, instead of the only previously worst criminal to hold the office of President. I'll take Carter over wanton murderous criminals like George W. Bush and his gang any time.

There IS a difference between a political scandal (i.e. doing something the other sides does not like) and a legal scandal where one breaks the law. Bush has had a lot of the former, but very few of the later.

YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT! Do we really have to search and quote as many posts as as have been posted on these forums clearly specifying and defining the multiple felonies committed by George W. Bush and his criminal cabal? Do we really have to search and quote every one of YOUR lies, denials and distractions regarding their crimes? :confused:

PJ -- GIVE UP. You're a freaking liar trying to paint a turd as a rose. Fortunately, you're piss poor at it. :thumbsdown:

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Vic

Unfortunately, this is only amusing if you're a partisan tool who cares nothing about the good of the country.

Exactly. And what Sinsear fails to see is that Bush's hatred isn't bound by "libtards." Conservatives would also say he's the worst president in history.