What do you tell your girlfriend/wife when she tells you to be more romantic with her?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Namuna

Platinum Member
Jun 20, 2000
- Make her something (don't matter if it's origami or dinner)
- Call her during the day, for no reason, to see how she's doing
- Backrub
- Ask her opinion on stuff
- Pinch her butt alot (actually, that might not be too romantic. BUT DAMMIT, I love doing that!)

You don't have to rack your brains, the point of the matter is that she wants to know/feel that you expend SOME THOUGHT about her, and she needs some kind of PROOF of it...It doesn't have to be a big thing, at all.

Damn, how come I know all this stuff, but I'm sitting here alone typing this at 4am? I need to get out.

SinnerWolf

Dec 30, 2000

<< What do you tell your girlfriend/wife when she tells you to be more romantic with her?? >>

ok baby, now go make me a sandwich!!! in the shape of a heart

flippinfleck

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2000
I usually look up from the computer and ask her if she can get me a beer. ;) Heh, seriously though, she doesn't tell me that very often. Like once a few months when we have both been workin a lot [she also does school full time] and aren't getting enough 'us' time. That's when I break out the candles, call work and *cough**gag* let em know I'm sick. Turning the ringer off, drawing a nice bubble bath, and pouring her a glass of wine helps her to unwind and relax. Then I make sure that she is all dried off.... whoooops, I've said too much. Will you all line up single file like so I can torture you one by one to find out how much you know?

Stallion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2000
I think flippinfleck has the right idea. My Wife says it about 2 times a month. Buy her some roses/flowers and take her some where that they use silverware and cloth napkins, go home and get the bath ready and then pamper her a little. Play some music, slow dance and then when your in bed don't rush strait to the good stuff.

Maybe rent a chick flick also. Then remind her next time you get to see a willis/schwarzenegger/stallone movie. ;)

cpars

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2000
Entertaining thread :D

My wife gets pretty much anything she wants as long as she is willing to work for it :Q

SCSIfreek

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2000
interesting thread. I found that women ALWAYS want surprises even when they're 80 years old---> can't be proven yet since i'm only 20 something.

Buy her some candies, flowers, small gifts(you think about this)...... Things dont have to be expensive of course if you can afford it why not but if you cant then get something that you can.

--SCSI

cxim

Golden Member
Dec 18, 1999
Remind her how you marked the clothes baskets so she would know which ones to wash first...

Let her park in the drive next to the house a few times, instead of on the street.

Hold the door for her when she brings in groceries &amp; firewood.

Put a few flowers on the sign on her car that says &quot;dangerous driver&quot;

Let her hold the checkbook for a few minutes &amp; tell her, if she is really good, she can go with you to the bank &amp; watch you actually cash a check.

Show her some pictures of an electric washer in the sears catalogue &amp; hint about maybe in 2020.

Take her into the garage &amp; let her touch your 4x4.

Tell her that her butt looks smaller for some reason.

Next time you are watching a game on TV &amp; tell her to bring you a beer, have a cooler next to your chair &amp; have her bring you 2 or 3 at once, so she can make fewer trips.

Take a picture of your hobby room &amp; show it to her... Don't get carried away &amp; actually let her into the room.

Give her a 15 min calling card so she can talk to her mother this month.

Mayhem1869

Dec 29, 2000
If my wife saw this she'd be mad, because I get that line weekly. There have been several good things said. You don't have to spend alot, or any for that matter, to be romantic. Make her dinner,use candles,call her at work,write her a poem or song. It's not the money that counts, it's the thought. Stop on the roadside and pick her some flowers (be quick though, that is sort of illegal).

viper007

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
Umm..That is really sad man!! Infact why is this girl going out with you again?

Why don't you like think for about 5 seconds about the situation and consider what your problem is!

Cheers..

Stallion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2000
Good point Mayhem. Romance does not need to be expensive. I can get a $3 hallmark and write some mush in it and in minutes tears of joy roll down her cheek.

Do something that is totally just the opposite of what you would do. If you never buy flowers, get some. If you always go to the movies ,take her to an opera or ballet. If you always watch sports, watch some soap or drama show.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Vapor, relationships are more than sex. If you're taking her to Burger Kind and all you're after is the sex, do her a favor and tell her you're not ready for commitment so she can get on with her life.

If you really do care for her like you say you do, show her that.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
My God, people, it's really not that hard.

Ever give her a card for no reason at all? Try it sometime, they like it. I go card shopping, &amp; pick up 3 or 4 at a time. That way I always have cards ready. And I don't mean just sign the card &amp; send it, I buy the ones that say at most one or two lines inside, &amp; then I fill the entire card with a handwritten letter.

Also, I send her stuff out of nowhere. Nothing major, just little stuff... A Matrix poster, pictures, you name it. Just little stuff to say hi, &amp; let her know I'm thinkin' about her.

They alsy like it if you call them for no other reason than to say &quot;I love you.&quot; Call her from work, call her when she least expects it. Use your imagination, it's really easy to make a woman happy.

When I'm actually WITH her, it's even easier. She likes having her back rubbed, she likes having her feet massaged (discovered that one on my own :)), having her neck kissed, her hair played with, whispering in her ear, etc, etc, etc...

;)

[EDIT]One more thing... In case you guys misunderstand this... Do it because you want to make her happy, not because you want anything from her.[/EDIT]

Viper GTS

ArkAoss

Banned
Aug 31, 2000
hmm little suggestion, she like motorcycles? find a friend of your with a nice big beafy harley, (if you can ride), pack a picnic lunch and go out cruising for a few hours, then stop and have the lunch, you can usually even get away with packing a lame lunch. (after a few hours on a harley, you probly won't get to eat), a good ride on a harley, usually gets you a few days of awsome lovin.

or end a day of shopping at a really nice restraunt, (helps if you know some one who works their, and then get the room with the fireplace all to yourselves) have her perfect meal all ready waiting on your table (if you know her food likes and call ahead you can usually arrange to have a restraunt have your food ready on time, if you make good reservations) that'll cost more than the harley and cheap picnic lunch, but oughta yeild about the same results, if you can't get a harley.

VAP0R

Sep 1, 2000
Hehe

Ok i'ma try some of the things you guys told me and see what happens....

xodarap

Jan 11, 2001
I would like to thank VAPOR illkid cxim and all others who contributed to the absurditty of this post. Wemon are evil and need to be kept in perspective.

VAPOR dont do a thing, face it man no matter what you do she'll be whining again about it next month just tell her shes chalanging your manhood and to get with the program

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
xodarap:

<< I would like to thank VAPOR illkid cxim and all others who contributed to the absurditty of this post. Wemon are evil and need to be kept in perspective. >>

<< VAPOR dont do a thing, face it man no matter what you do she'll be whining again about it next month just tell her shes chalanging your manhood and to get with the program >>

absurditty wrong, correct spelling absurdity.
Wemon wrong, correct spelling women
Chalanging wrong, correct spelling challenging

Hmmm Vapor looks like your getting advice from someone who spells at the 3rd grade level bet he knows lots about how to treat a woman NOT!!

darker

Oct 28, 1999
Whats up with all these woman crying about when will we do this or that? When was the last time you did something for me???? These damn chicks are always complaining. Its always about me me me me. Remember ladies put on the damn panties we buy you and give us a little something extra and you may just get something extra to. &quot;why dont you....&quot; I HATE that SH!T. Just a little rage there. I just took my pills. Me ok now.