What do you object to about science?

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
What do you mean what do I object to about science? Do you mean what tenets specifically?

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
I object to the fact that there's been no scientific study of parody threads. :sneaky:

Bill Brasky

Diamond Member
May 18, 2006
Pretty much the only things I object to are the subjects most scientists would consider inhumane. Human cloning, human testing, etc...

The only part I don't like about science are the ridiculously high costs. Our lab spends an absurd amount of money on disposable plastic goods, and I can't really understand why they're so expensive in the first place. Oh well.

edit: If I typed all that for a parody thread, then I'm pissed.

Matthiasa

Diamond Member
May 4, 2009
Because I had to take a classes covering quantum physics and electric and magnetic fields. :(

Terzo

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2005
Mainly that it's hard. Why cant it be easy as pie...or at least as tasty. Pie>π.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Mainly that it's hard. Why cant it be easy as pie...or at least as tasty. Pie>π.
And of course, to make a pie from scratch, first you need to create the Universe.

That's why I hate cooking.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
i hate how scientists think just because they can predict some things with reasonable accuracy and have "proof" of other things that it makes them more right than a book thats ridiculously old.

the nerve.

Cogman

Lifer
Sep 19, 2000
I don't have an objection to science, I have an objection to the way people have such a hard and fast belief in our current scientific principles.

Science, real science, is very flexible. Any principle has the ability to be tweaked or completely discarded, so long as enough proof if its fallaciousness is given.

Many a principle now that we swear by had to go through some pretty intense vetting. A lot of the people that proposed some of the cooler things of science were initially thought to be mad, or idiots.

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
I don't have an objection to science, I have an objection to the way people have such a hard and fast belief in our current scientific principles.

Science, real science, is very flexible. Any principle has the ability to be tweaked or completely discarded, so long as enough proof if its fallaciousness is given.

Many a principle now that we swear by had to go through some pretty intense vetting. A lot of the people that proposed some of the cooler things of science were initially thought to be mad, or idiots.

this.

i also have an objection to those who believe you can't have faith and science. the two aren't mutually exclusive.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

The"hard and fast" acceptance(not belief) is what makes rejecting what eventually is proven Wrong possible. You go with what you Know as you Understand it until you Know differently. Otherwise you'll never go anywhere.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
I am mad at science because there are no damn flying cars yet that we were promised.

:mad: