What do you need to work at a morgue?

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
If somebody wanted to work in a morgue or funeral home or whatever that place is - to get the body ready for a funeral (drain the blood and remove some parts, that type of stuff) - what do you need? A certificaton? Bachelor degree? Or something you can just be trained to do?

A morgue is different from a funeral home. Medical examiners usually work at morgues, and morticians usually work at funeral homes.

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: jumpr
A morgue is different from a funeral home. Medical examiners usually work at morgues, and morticians usually work at funeral homes.

Okay so a mortician doesn't have to go through all that medical schooling?

Originally posted by: SagaLore

Okay so a mortician doesn't have to go through all that medical schooling?
I'm not sure, but I know there's a difference between the titles. Obviously, you need to know how to tell that someone is definitively dead. :p

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
I've considered the profession myself. Seems like its going to be big business in the next 10 to 20 years when all the baby boomers start falling.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Thinking about mortuary school? Be sure to check the school's elective courses. I recommend "Undead History", "Reanimation 101", "Intermediate Zombie Control", in that order.

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: cheapbidder01
I've considered the profession myself. Seems like its going to be big business in the next 10 to 20 years when all the baby boomers start falling.

:Q

I'm not asking for myself, but for someone else. I'm not about to drop network security management to gut dead people. :confused: This person I'm asking for isn't interested in the money making aspect of it though.

This person I'm asking for isn't interested in the money making aspect of it though.
What's he interested in? The necrophilia aspect? :confused:

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
This person I'm asking for isn't interested in the money making aspect of it though.

She just thinks it would be cool to do.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
evil minds think alike :evil:
Wanting to play with dead bodies is an uncommon desire for a career choice .