What do you mix your protein with?

96Firebird

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2010
For those who drink protein shakes, what do you mix it with?

I mix mine with milk (used to be Vitamin D [whole] milk, now I'm drinking 2%), and I think it tastes great. I tried mixing with water the other day because I was out of milk, and it was awful. It mixed better in the water, but it did not taste nearly as good and I couldn't finish it. Anyone else use milk, or some other drink?

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
I only mix mine in water. It's obviously not as rich but I try to limit my dairy. Most of the proteins I've used I've enjoyed in water.

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
Lately I've been making smoothies in the blender with one scoop of ON Gold standard chocolate whey protein, one cup of 2% milk, one tablespoon of peanut butter, either half a banana or half a tablespoon of honey, and a handful of ice.

I arrived at that specific ratio of ingredients because it has a really good macro profile in addition to being quite tasty. It's an almost perfect three way tie in terms of calories from carbs, fat, and protein.

Zivic

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2002
The rare times I drink a powder shake I mix with water....

Anyone that can't stomach mixing with only water is an extreme newb

I prefer to mix my protein with Greek yogurt rather than drinking it. I hate wasting calories by drinking

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
I use a shake first thing in the morning before I go to the gym. I used to use milk but I seemed sluggish. I have since changed to water, doesnt taste as good but my workouts have been better.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Skim or Vitamin D milk if I make them at home.
My gym makes awesome protein shakes that i usually have for lunch.

2 scoops vanilla whey
liquid low fat yogurt
ice / water
sugar free chocolate syrup

They are very thick, but taste great.
310 kCal
2 fat
21 carb
47 protein