What do you ladies think about men that cry?

mikysee

Dec 21, 2000
Do you think they are wimps or is it a good thing because they show there sensitive side?

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
I'm not a woman, but I would think it depends on when and why a guy cries. Note that I'm not talking about sobbing loudly with the pathetic boo-hooing and all, but I get "teary-eyed" reading some books, watching some movies, or even when I was watching some interviews with the family of 9/11 victims. I also get choked-up sometimes because of pride or happiness, those warm and fuzzy tears during stirring renditions of the national anthem or when some disabled kid crosses the finish line at the Special Olympics.

I never cry for myself, when I'm personally sad or frustrated.

Jfur

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2001
I would not trust a man who could not cry in front of me, but I would not expect or want it to happen often. I do not cry too often myself, and I usally find it somewhat awkward when people start crying. My husband cries on occassion but he does not just burst into tears because he had a bad day. One in a while I see tears forming and I know that something very bad has happened (e.g., death in the family) and he needs to be comforted.