What do you guys think of this ebay situation?

Savij

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
I ordered a $40 Best Buy gift cert from a guy, trying to save a few dollars on a major purchase. I paid promptly and the seller shipped promptly.

I used the cert. online and everything worked out great. Everything is great in the world. Then I get an email from BB saying that there is going to be a delay in shipping the item, so I cancel the online order because I know I can get the item in store w/o any problems.

Here is where the weird part comes in:
Best Buy can only refund the cert. to the original Rapid Reward account. I can't reuse the $40 cert that I bought from ebay, but I already paid the guy $36. I contacted the seller and asking him to look into it and email me the reissued cert. He said he would call/email me back last week, but he hasn't been in touch since, and has ignored my latest email to him.

I know what I'm going to do: I'll give him a little more time, email once more, contact paypal, etc

I know that I'm asking more than the normal ebay buyer, but I don't think I'm being unreasonable. What do you guys think of the situation?

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Wow, a lot of hassle over saving $4.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
ask seller nicely. if he gets the BB card back and then keeps it...

your only 'legit' option is to neg his ass and move on.

Savij

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Ns1

Yeah, I know how it works...I just didn't expect my auction item to be "given back". If I had known that about rapid reward certs, I wouldn't have considered them.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Savij

Yeah, I know how it works...I just didn't expect my auction item to be "given back". If I had known that about rapid reward certs, I wouldn't have considered them.

btw thanks for reminding me, i gotta neg this d-bag buyer in a week or two.

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002

Why didn't you ask Best Buy to convert the sale to a "pick-up in store" sale?

Savij

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
Originally posted by: altonb1

Why didn't you ask Best Buy to convert the sale to a "pick-up in store" sale?

Cause the moon was in the shadow of Mercury...It just didn't occur to me as I was on the phone.