What do you guys think of that new movie KUNG POW: ENTER THE FIST?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cuteybunny

Banned
May 23, 2001
movies sometime sucks like jurassic park III a good waste of me 7.50 and someone I went along with.
we were quite disappointed, that there intention was to make a quick buck. if i wait a little longer, go to blockbuster rent it then watch it a few times but i doubt ripping it is really worth my time or the effort some people do it out of spare time so that a few other ppl can enjoy it as well but as paranoid as the media is, it's not gonna to make them much more money if they stop someone from ripping it completely that's just pushing it around like a bully. well you know movies are just movies you can do without, but you can't do without foods :)

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
I would rather pull my teeth out one by one with a rusty wrench, than go see this film.
It never ceases to amaze me how totally horrible movies like this are made, but truly meaningful movies go through the cracks.

cuteybunny

Banned
May 23, 2001
I would rather rent something like this then buying, heck how many can you watch a movies over and over and not get bored. 2-5 day from BB is plenty of time.
know what's funny, i even feel like my 4.20 on renting was a complete waste of money most of the time since 90 percent of the time it's not a good movie. its not like you can live in it or be a part of it, gee ppl get a grip :)

bootymac

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2001

<< hee hee, i liked that one-boobied chinese chick :D >>

I wanna know how they did that! :D

wildwildwes

Jul 18, 2001

<< I would rather pull my teeth out one by one with a rusty wrench, than go see this film.
It never ceases to amaze me how totally horrible movies like this are made, but truly meaningful movies go through the cracks.
>>

I consider movies to be entertainment regardless of genre. I'd rather see an entertaining but shallow movie than a mediocre movie with weighty subject matter.

Even so, this movie looks like 2 poops in one poop. I can't believe anyone would pay to see it.

Hoeboy

Banned
Apr 20, 2000
i guess you "white folks" won't get much of a kick out of it as us "asian folks." growing up and watching kung fu flicks day in and day out, this movie looks stupid but somewhat intriguing. although i won't goto the theatres to watch it, i wouldn't go as far as saying i would shoot myself before renting it.

you guys are all just too heavily influenced by jackie chan and jet li :p this movie is mainly mocking ol' school style kung fu flicks. :)

VirusDub

Golden Member
Aug 29, 2001
As much as I love kung fu movies, I would never pay to see this movie. It looks like a big pile of crap.

csiro

Golden Member
May 31, 2001
Anyone seen this yet? It's out today on the 25th. For some reason, I can't find a single review for it...

AUMM

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2001
is it true that they used an old old old kung fu flick and added in all the different characters to make it a comedy?

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

<< I like that cow in the promo that piledrives that guy. :D >>

Did you know that Jeff Lew, the maker of Killer Bean, did that Cow and some CG work for the movie?

Cool, eh?

SQL

Jul 10, 2001
Reminds me of "Kung Fu Theatre" on the USA network several years ago. Now those were movies.

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
horrible movies like this are made, but truly meaningful movies go through the cracks.

becuz lamers download even good movies:(

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000

<< It sounds like a pr0n movie... >>

A GAY MOVIE!
rolleye.gif

ImTyping

Banned
Aug 6, 2001
I just got back from the movie. The theater was almost full, which was good to see--I hope this film makes a lot of money. I laughed my ass off. Everyone in the theater laughed their asses off. Yeah it was dumb in spots but it hit more than it missed.

If you "sudes" want to bitch about how you will never see a movie based on a trailer, then you go right ahead and leave an open seat for me when I see it again.

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

<< I just got back from the movie. The theater was almost full, which was good to see--I hope this film makes a lot of money. I laughed my ass off. Everyone in the theater laughed their asses off. Yeah it was dumb in spots but it hit more than it missed.

If you "sudes" want to bitch about how you will never see a movie based on a trailer, then you go right ahead and leave an open seat for me when I see it again.
>>

Thats all I needed. Thanks, I'll watch it. :D

Its stupid, but its also funny, which makes it stupid funny. Hmm... didnt make much sence. Its not for everybody I guess. :)