what do you guys think about donating sperm for money?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

logic0010

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2004
WHERE ILL DO IT EVERY DAY 70 BUCKS TO WANK omg there is a good 2nd job out there
:beer:bottom up to that im in memphis 5 bucks to the person that can tell me where to go

Landroval

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2005
Originally posted by: KarenMarie

Besides that, I think it is a great thing to do. I don't really understand the whole "have a kid out there" thing. I know everyone is different and sees things differently but to me, that is such a non issue. I mean... without trying to be too graphic or gross... why is it that some men, who normally never think about sperm and where it is deposited and what it could turn out to be... get so squeemish about having a purpose when they eject it.
Why is it sperm every where else, but then potentially 'my kid' for this? Seriously... maybe I am just older and see things differently, maybe it is cause i am female... but I asked the b/f about this and he says that it would be no big deal to him at all, except for the child support thing.

I think it is because when you actually create a child, many people want to know about its welfare. Since you have no idea by who/where/how the child is being raised, it may be upsetting, and you have no knowledge or control over it, so your mind would just think about negative scenarios.

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
DAD:
There are Jews in the world.
There are Buddhists.
There are Hindus and Mormons, and then
There are those that follow Mohammed, but
I've never been one of them.

I'm a Roman Catholic,
And have been since before I was born,
And the one thing they say about Catholics is:
They'll take you as soon as you're warm.

You don't have to be a six-footer.
You don't have to have a great brain.
You don't have to have any clothes on. You're
A Catholic the moment Dad came,

Because

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

CHILDREN:
Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

Last Rezort

Banned
Apr 16, 2005
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: Mill
One of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard of.
it is definitely a moral dilemma isn't it... i mean it's easy money, but, if i were a guy, i don't think i could get by the idea that there could be a kid with my genes running around out there without my knowledge...
and then that kid might want to contact you one day.

Yeah, crazy stuff. What if he showed up to your door and asked if he could call you dad?

jiwq

Platinum Member
May 24, 2001
any chance you could get special request for the sperm donation process administered by a sexy nurse, ala Roadtrip? (the prostate method)

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: cavemanmoron
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: Mill
One of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard of.
it is definitely a moral dilemma isn't it... i mean it's easy money, but, if i were a guy, i don't think i could get by the idea that there could be a kid with my genes running around out there without my knowledge...
and then that kid might want to contact you one day.

Right.I would be cautious of this.

The court might say you owe back child support! :shocked:

Wasnt there a case a few years ago where this happend and the court ruled that the doner had to pay 18 years worth of child support? I remember something like this.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: KarenMarie
I think the only thing that makes this a bad idea is the possible child support issue. That is the most hateful thing ever.

Besides that, I think it is a great thing to do. I don't really understand the whole "have a kid out there" thing. I know everyone is different and sees things differently but to me, that is such a non issue. I mean... without trying to be too graphic or gross... why is it that some men, who normally never think about sperm and where it is deposited and what it could turn out to be... get so squeemish about having a purpose when they eject it.

(sorry, it is hard to NOT sound sarcastic on this topic thru this medium. But I dont mean to, I promise).

Way I see it... so many guys have unprotected sex and leave a deposit and it is no big deal. And really... never think that ...hmmm.... they dont think about it as a potential child. They think about it as sperm. Whether it ends up down the shower drain, or a bed sheet, it is just sperm. It is not thought about as anything more... I think that making this deposit would be the same thing. Deposit the sperm and never think of it as anything else, just sperm.

Why is it sperm every where else, but then potentially 'my kid' for this? Seriously... maybe I am just older and see things differently, maybe it is cause i am female... but I asked the b/f about this and he says that it would be no big deal to him at all, except for the child support thing.

I don't really understand the whole "have a kid out there" thing. I care because i would always be wondering if there was a child out there that was a part of me. I care because i would always be worried or wonder what kind of life the kid has. I care because there would be a very real possibility that there was a kid out there that is mine and I would not be a part of his or her life. thats why.