What do you guys feel about the Trans-Pacific Partnership?

Status
Not open for further replies.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
It's a terrible treaty, abdicating democratic rule to global trade arbitrating bodies.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
It's a terrible treaty, abdicating democratic rule to global trade arbitrating bodies.
This.

If it wasn't President Obama pushing this it would be President Romney. This is yet another issue where the two parties are in lockstep. I'm all for fighting Obama on this, but let's not kid ourselves that the Pubbies are any better.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
This.

If it wasn't President Obama pushing this it would be President Romney. This is yet another issue where the two parties are in lockstep. I'm all for fighting Obama on this, but let's not kid ourselves that the Pubbies are any better.

That's why I am not sure we want Hillary Clinton as the nominee. We need a true progressive like Brian Schweitzer.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
This.

The way I see it, there is only one party, the Rich Elite party. We are all fucked.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
That's why I am not sure we want Hillary Clinton as the nominee. We need a true progressive like Brian Schweitzer.
I don't know that I could vote for any Democrat after Obamacare and I would have sworn I could never vote for a progressive, but his wiki page at least does look pretty good. I'm hoping for Gary Johnson who is generally more my taste.

Feb 4, 2009
From the little about it that has been release, it sucks. I encourage everyone to contact their Representative and Senator about this trade deal.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Years from now when even more US factories have left for Vietnam, people will again ask wha the hell happened? By then it will be too late, as you get ready to work your 6 to 2 am shift at McDonalds @ $7.50 an hour. The big surprise awaiting us all is just how creative business can be when it comes to eliminating US jobs and sending them off shore.
Up until now we have seen factory jobs eliminated and sent away, next we will see jobs eliminated and off shored that we're never imagined possible.
Imagine calling Vietnam to inquite about your upcoming surgery or medical procedure.
Or to set up an appointment to see your doctor.
One of the largest last remaining US employers is with in the medical insudtry.
That, as was the case with the US factory jobs, will soon change.
With new technology coupled with off shoring, nothing should surprise us.

Status
Not open for further replies.