What do you envision other ATers to look like?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I always imagine Skoorb to be heavier than he is. I've seen his pics and he's a pretty good-looking, well-built guy but for some reason some of the caustic humor of his posts make me imagine him as heavier, though not overweight.
Hah! I could post a pic showing that I'm not fat, but I shall not, although gobadgrs has recently come in posession of my head from the pic in question :)

I've come to realize that for the most part ATOT doesn't look like the joke-links at the bottom of Tommyvercetti's sig - most of us look just as ugly as everybody else on the planet :p
I picture that Deeko guy as being hot as hell....
I'm by no means homosexual, but I had a wet dream with that guy last night!

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
Aren't such imaginings usually the stuff of nightmares? :)

Yeah once I had a nightmare about you. I knew it was you because I've seen your pic.

lol,that's okay,I almost scared myself into a heart attack today by just looking in a mirror

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
While I'm on topic i was shocked to find Phocas as a very, very thin while male. I somehow pictued him as a soft black guy. His avatar definitely influenced that perception, though.
I imagine Skoorb to be a pretty quiet guy in person but wacky once he's relaxed and/or not quite sober.
Whether I know myself or not, if I had to describe myself I'd have said the same thing. In person I'm generally talking less than anybody else, but as I do get to know people (or put a few drinks in me), I think i surprise people at the silly things I say - more in line with ATOT. So, ATOT is like me drunk.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
I look like myself.

I know what HotChic, Viper GTS and LinuxBoy look like. And Darien and zenmervolt and zugswang.

Everyone else is U-G-L-Y.

:p

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Orsorum
I look like myself.

I know what HotChic, Viper GTS and LinuxBoy look like. And Darien and zenmervolt and zugswang.

Have you seen zbalat's wife? :evil:

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I look like myself.

Obviously not. Pics?

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Aren't such imaginings usually the stuff of nightmares? :)

Yeah once I had a nightmare about you. I knew it was you because I've seen your pic.

lol,that's okay,I almost scared myself into a heart attack today by just looking in a mirror

Actually I dreamed about Rossman one time. He was a fat Hispanic guy.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
<--- looks like a doctor with a surgical mask on all the time IRL. damn SARS. :p

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
Originally posted by: aircooled
I imagine all the ATOT chicks as super hot! (don't wreck my fantasy!) ;)

The reality, in fact, is exactly the opposite.

P.S. - Don't fantasize about online chicks.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: SackOfAllTrades
I picture everyone by their Avatars.

Yes, I really am a living paper bag from Ralphs.

Trust me... I don't look a thing like my avatar. :)

edit: on second thought... make the hair short... and the glasses a little rounder, with wire frames...

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: DrPizza
Originally posted by: SackOfAllTrades
I picture everyone by their Avatars.

Yes, I really am a living paper bag from Ralphs.

Trust me... I don't look a thing like my avatar. :)

I resemble mine to a 't'. Grao.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: BillGates

id10t, there are no chi><0rz on t3h int3r|\|3t

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Originally posted by: HotChic
I think of Dezign as having a petite body (shorter than she is, judging by her pics), a swaying way of walking, and a menacing scowl when she chooses to use it.
I don't see a scowl in Dezign's collection of facial expressions at all. More like fairly quiet, smiles nervously often and a nice girl who's always willing to please.

Zenmervolt was EXACTLY as I expected him to be, as soon as you throw out the expectation of him being ten years older than he actually is. :p

ThaGrandCow: I always equate the cow and flag avatar with people who serve(d) in the armed forces. Tall, about 6-0ish, white guy, good build but a bit on the thinner side, I think the word is "rangy". Would look at home on a Californian beach playing volleyball. Gets along with people easily. Loud when drunk. Drunk often. :p

Ornery would be in his upper forties, pretty tall (6-0ish), bit on the thinner side again with a booming voice but doesn't speak especially often. Kept most/all of his hair but with streak of grey/greying starting to happen.

Fausto: Science geek grown up meets guy in his upper twenties who keeps in good shape and eats well. That means being like 5-11ish, wearing glasses, short haircut and a solid build. Gets along with everyone quite well because he frankly knows he's going to outlive all of us. :p

CraigRT would be a guy from southern Ontario who likes his domestics. It's hard to explain unless you live here, but if you live here you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. :p

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: BillGates

id10t, there are no chi><0rz on t3h int3r|\|3t

i pwn j00!

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: yllus

Zenmervolt was EXACTLY as I expected him to be, as soon as you throw out the expectation of him being ten years older than he actually is. :p

Aaron's probably my second-best friend in the world at the moment and that Midwestern voice fits him just perfectly - he looked exactly like himself when I finally met him.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001

Aaron's probably my second-best friend in the world at the moment and that Midwestern voice fits him just perfectly - he looked exactly like himself when I finally met him.

He was lankier than I expected.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001

He was lankier than I expected.

You haven't met him, have you Nate? Oh, and BTW, you SUCK for not calling me back today! :p ZV went home today to go with friends to the Detroit auto show, otherwise I'm sure he'd be all over this thread.

zbalat

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I look like myself.

Here she is:D [edit]I'm the skinny one[/edit]