What do you do when your apt. office loses a package?

Boogak

Diamond Member
Feb 2, 2000
So I ordered a 64 meg stick of PC133 ram from staples.com and I track it through UPS.com to my apt. office who signed for it. When I go to pick it up, they can't find it. So now what? When I moved in, I signed a piece of paper stating I would allow my apt. office to sign for my packages and I would not hold them responsible for anything that happens. Of course, I didn't realize back then what total IDIOTS they are...

Suicidal

Banned
Jul 23, 2000
That sucks, i just moved into an apt. complex, but the office people here seem like they got it together. I'm sure it'll turn up.

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
My complex has their sh!t together when it comes to packages. Never lost one of many. And the maintance men are cool. I got a 17" monitor and wasn't home to accept it so it went to the office. Went to pick it up and the maintance man took it back to my apartment in his truck. There was no way this sucker was gunna fit in my car. He also carried 4 wheels and tires for me on another occasion. Nice fella.. dunno what happened to him, he just kinda disappeared.

Since you signed the waiver, you're screwed. Package was delivered in an acceptable manner, shipping company is not responsible. You waived your rights, complex is not responsible. Where does the blame fall?

Static911

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2000
hope ya find ur package...especially since ur in a bind by signing that waiver

STatic911

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Boogak: Send me an email. I am currently litigating a lawsuit over that very issue (pro se plaintiff) with my former complex. The wrinkle is that I wasn't a tenant at the time, but I am doing research on bailment law regarding the validity of those agreements. I am probably retaining a lawyer next week, but send me a note. :)

Landlords suck. Simple enough.