What do you believe happens after you die??

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
I am always wondering and would like an intelligent conversation on what do you think happens when you die??

Walk around in heaven with Abe Lincoln?? Think after life is bad?? Reincarnation?? Other?? What are your thoughts.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Probably nothing, your mind will just die.

But if there is some sortof a afterlife then its just for each of us, there is no place you go to and interact with others who died to.

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
I have yet to decide my beliefs on that issue. I would like to think that I would be reunited with lost relatives and friends in a better place (heaven), but do we really know? No, we only have faith. :)

hominid skull

Nov 13, 1999
The World will carry on..:D

[Rant]
Religion is for the weak who can't take the fact that we just die, that's it..
[/Rant]

Regine

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2000
Your body decomposes.
If you're lucky, hundreds of years from now archaeologists might find whatever is left of you and make some grand assumptions about our civilization. ;)

And it's a bitch to identify remains.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Skeletal bio is getting to me ;)

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
I like the second part of CZARs answer the best.
I also like Hominid Skulls rant.

If there is a H or H, I want to be with the fun group.

NakaNaka, since you said you were bar mitzvah in another thread, no offence meant here and excuse me if Im remembering wrong, I think you know the answer to your own question.
Care to post it?

Monel Funkawitz

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999

<< What do you believe happens after you die?? >>

You get a letter in the mail saying &quot;You owe the Government $813.52 for Death Tax. Due date is 30 days from receipt of this letter.&quot; is my guess. :D

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
if you're lucky a lot of people mourn your passing and make speeches about how great a person you were and how many peoples' lives you changed for the better.

Sacotool

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2000
You don't remember anything before you were born do you? Hopefully it'll be the same way after you die.

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Sacotool I never thought of it like that...

Well I hope its this big happy place and I can like watch hockey and then maybe get GoD to let AMD create like a TBird19 1000 ghz computer (it will be up to that by then)
or something...

I hope I'm reunited with all family members and its happy...

If you don't remember anything, then like .... its scary I think .... Makes me sad just thinking about it ..

KarsinTheHutt

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2000
Nothing happens. Unless you can transfer your consciousness (Sofware I guess) to another brain (hardware) you're lost forever...

~zonker~

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2000
here's my christian perspective....

your spirit goes to be with Jesus (MT 28:20)

at some point after that, when Jesus returns, you get a new &quot;spiritual&quot; body (1CO 15:35~49) and are judged according to your works (REV 20:12)

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Hello, ~zonker~. Deja Vu. Haven't we discussed this before?

Reread Ecclesiastes 9:5-10, Psalms 146:4, Ecclesiastes 3:19,20, Ezekial 18:4.

You didn't expect me to keep quiet, did you?

:)

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
I really don't know. I reject the idea of a heaven with pearly gates and a hell with lakes of fire, though.

My way of dealing with this issue has been to live in such a way so that when I die, no matter when that may be, I will feel like the people I loved knew that I loved them. Not just guessed, hoped, or suspected.... really were aware of it and knew that they could count on me. Sure, I make mistakes, but I admit them. I avoid being prideful and judgemental as much as possible, because these are things that destroy love and bring pain. Since, for me, the purpose of life is to love and be loved, this dovetails nicely. Works for me. I'm a cult of one. ;)

I'm sort of immune to the issue because I decided a long time ago that it didn't really matter what happened to 'me' when I died. The only thing that matters is that I have truly and deeply loved, ans shown that love through my actions. I'm more worried about the people that I will leave behind than my own sorry hide. The day I die, I will die in peace.... I'll be sad, but at peace. If I have any choice in the matter, I will watch over the people I left behind... Isla, the friendly ghost! :D ;)

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
Nobody knows for sure.
This is what Socates said:
To fear death is nothing other than to think oneself wise when one is not; for it is to think one knows what one does not know. No man knows whether death may not even turn out to be the greatest blessing for a human being; and yet people fear it as if they knew for certain that is is the greatest of evil.

I think the saddest thing that can happen is if your mind is alive but you just can't move your body. If that happens you just lie there while your family cries and you can't do anything about it. Then they bury you 6 feet under so you can just lie there forever with nothing to do. Food for thought.