What do u guys think?

mojo85

Sep 27, 2003
just wondering what people think and what is there view on this topic:

Do you feel that the Internet has made the world a more democratic place? or Will the Internet impede democratization?

i thank those who are willing to spend a min. to give there feedback....its greatly appreciated....

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Anything that allows people to share ideas, views, and information is a beacon for democracy.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Well, it has done one thing - it has made the spread of information(wether truthful or not;)) alot easier. A wider audience can be attracted since people can research, listen, read things that politicians are saying at their leisure. I'm sure Dean or Clark will be credited with the first "grassroots" internet campaign - depending on how well each does.

I don't think it impedes Democracy, but I'm not sure exactly how it makes the world more democratic since what is transmitted over the intarweb isn't actual a vote per se. I think it has allowed people to become more informed as a whole and allowed people to define and refine their positions with the greater access to data.

CkG

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I think we need to shut down the internet because terrorists might use it to harm us.

pphysicsguy

Sep 14, 2003
I think we need to shut down the internet because terrorists might use it to harm us.
That's an excellent suggestion. Perhaps we can get the internet banned in Patriot Act v. 2.0 :)

Seriously though, anything that facilitates free exchange of ideas is going to benefit democracy. Of course, some nations, like China, block access, so the effects can be inhibited by governments that don't want their people to have information.