What do think of this psu?

cybersys

Dec 29, 2015
Hi. I want to know your opinion about this power supply: Green GP450A-UK
Originally manufactured by Channel Well Technology.

http://www.green-case.com/products/power/power.php?model=GP450A-UK

GP450A-UK.gif

Last edited:

lehtv

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2010
Why are you asking? If you're intending to buy this unit, I would first recommend checking if other units are available... While the the specs look okay and the marketing is quite ambitious, it's impossible to say exactly how it'll perform without seeing an actual review.

The claim "SLI-ready (Support high end graphics card)" is a lie, as it has only one PCIe connector. For high end SLI you typically need at least 650-750 watts and four PCIe connectors. This makes me wonder whether other claims might also be lies - does it actually have ultra low ripple, and is it actually silent? Does it actually pass 80+ Gold in real world tests?

EDIT: the 37 month guarantee (warranty?) is just weird. Why 3 years and one month, and not 36 months = exactly 3 years?

Last edited:

cybersys

Dec 29, 2015
Why are you asking? If you're intending to buy this unit, I would first recommend checking if other units are available... While the the specs look okay and the marketing is quite ambitious, it's impossible to say exactly how it'll perform without seeing an actual review.

The claim "SLI-ready (Support high end graphics card)" is a lie, as it has only one PCIe connector. For high end SLI you typically need at least 650-750 watts and four PCIe connectors. This makes me wonder whether other claims might also be lies - does it actually have ultra low ripple, and is it actually silent? Does it actually pass 80+ Gold in real world tests?

EDIT: the 37 month guarantee (warranty?) is just weird. Why 3 years and one month, and not 36 months = exactly 3 years?
Thank you. The reason I ask, yes I intend to buying it, I just can't find any reviews of this PSU. It's about $51 where I live (Iran), and I know its warranty (guarantee) is real and have heard good things about it. I have some more options like silverstone, antec, cooler master, huntkey, gigabyte, corsair, memonex, Raidmax, but their specifications aren't as good as this one. I just wanted to know users's honest opinion about this PSU, but as you said the "sli ready' is a lie.
Sorry for my english.

cybersys

Dec 29, 2015
Do you have a Seasonic option?
What is your hardware configuration?
Thank you. Seasonic isn't available in Iran, I even hadn't heard about it till recently. I'm going to buy a new system, they are as follows:
core i3 6100
Asus H110M-c
DDR4 16 gigabyte 2*8
1tb HDD 7200
SSD samsung evo 850
DVD-RW
I may add a graphic card for better performance for autocad and autocad inventor, like GTX 950 or quadro K620, but for now I'll wait to see IGPU performance.
That's it.
And my old case doesn't have any fan. I found antec HCG-520M for $81, it's somehow out of my price range, but I may consider it. The Green brand is popular in Iran btw.

psu_table.gif

Last edited:

lehtv

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2010
$51 is not bad at all for those specs. I say go for it, your PC isn't so high end as to require a top quality PSU. Most likely you'll be fine well beyond the 37 month warranty.

cybersys

Dec 29, 2015
$51 is not bad at all for those specs. I say go for it, your PC isn't so high end as to require a top quality PSU. Most likely you'll be fine well beyond the 37 month warranty.
Thank you sir, I was thinking the same. :thumbsup:

Joepublic2

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2005
Without being able to find a specific review, I can tell you that Channel Well Technology supplies are usually good designs. The reseller could spec junky parts (cheap caps etc.) but their core designs are usually good, especially nowadays.