what do snails taste like?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

madeupfacts

Apr 29, 2006
Originally posted by: fire400
Originally posted by: compnovice
Originally posted by: RichardE
You make alot of odd posts

He is living up to his username..

what an insult... it's probably a good laugh, but after a while, you'll just look stupid, comp.

I gotta say to the op, if you are too scared of the taste, eat it with peppers, rice, veggies, bread or macorroni or something that will blend in. I'd be scared, but I'd do it if someone really dared me to, in person.

Oh I didn't really want to eat it. I just saw it at a chinese glocery market and it was really really expensive. Like $30 and there were about maybe 12-15 snails inside. each probably have about as much meat as a single grape. I figure it must taste extremely special to justify such a mark up. From what people are posting, seems like it not much better than eating rubber band.

habib89

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001
they dont' have much of a taste.. kinda chewy like a clam.. just takes on the taste of the sauce you cook it in

Doodoo

Golden Member
Feb 14, 2000
Originally posted by: DrPizza
Taste pretty good to me... I made the mistake of making my wife try them (at a nice restaurant) once.

For those of you who might get a date some day, here's a piece of advice: If she has cheap tastes, don't try to fix it by introducing her to finer foods. If she wants hamburgers and asks "what's a filet mignon?" or "what's a ribeye", simply reply, "Okay, we'll get you the best burgers in town.

<sigh>
Now my wife enjoys eating lobster, escargot, . . .
She had never tried them before she met me.

This man speaks the truth...sadly I made the same mistake.