what do i need to do...

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
ok...so i did some work for a guy (no his personal comptuer., his work PC)...total bill was around $300 for parts+labor...i handed him TWO copies of the invoive (one when he picked it up, and left on in his laptop bag) along with information on where to mail the check (because the corporate office pays for that kind of crap) anywho...i let a couple weeks pass...nothing in the mail...i call back, they say they are JUST now getting the check out, should be there in a week or two...two weeks pass...no check...i call back, they say its mailed and in there system as paid...i wait a little longer...STILL no check...i call back and they will no longer let me talk to the guy (he is the manager of the local office) and they will only let me talk to some stupid secretary that knows nothing...i'm getting extremely pissed off...what should i do?

cliffs:
i do work for a company
after a long time, no check
now they are blowing me off

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
Originally posted by: S Freud
Sue

for $300? ...it will cost me that much just to get them into court...

i'm thinkning about calling and threatening to sue...how does one do this? IE what words to use/say

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
Call and tell them you don't have the check, haven't received it, have been put off constantly and demand payment for your services immediately? Can you go to the office in person? If you present it in a "I want it done now and I'm not going to go away until it has been taken care of" sort of way, you may get somewhere.

If not, set the building on fire.

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
hmmm...i dont really wana go through the hassel of small claims...

i am gonna try and dig up the guys cell phone number (i think i have it on my bill) and talk to him directly...if that doesnt work...i can drive up to their office and demand payment

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Journer
Sue

i'm thinkning about calling and threatening to sue...how does one do this? IE what words to use/say

And they know that. Which is why they're in no hurry to pay. You can tell them that the next step is a collection agency - having that on their credit history may prod them into paying. Going there in person would work once, but if they really don't intend to pay, they will call the police on you.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Originally posted by: sixone
Originally posted by: Journer
Sue

And they know that. Which is why they're in no hurry to pay. You can tell them that the next step is a collection agency - having that on their credit history may prod them into paying. Going there in person would work once, but if they really don't intend to pay, they will call the police on you.

Yep Collection agency. On future invoices put a note that "non payment after xx days will result in the bill being sent to collections and an added fee."

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Since you live in Alabama, just hire the Redneck Mafia. I'm sure they will cave right away when Billy-Bob-Jimbo and his "associates" come a-callin'

petejk

Apr 6, 2002
i'm sueing pep boys...cost me 40 bucks at the local county courthouse...

Just take them to small claims.

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
companies usually take a while to pay, many people have to approve the expenditure. construction can take 3-6 months so be patient.