What do I need to cut out of my diet?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Greg03

Jul 24, 2002
I dropped 40 pounds 15 years ago by eating a low fat diet (less than 5% of my cals were from fat). I also bought a Sears stair machine and beat the crap out of it. The bottom line is eating less than your body needs, forget about the people who read this or that, the baseline information, never disputed, is that if you take in more than you need, you gain weight.

BTW, I had a high carb diet for those 6 months it took me to lose 40 pounds, and a moderate carb diet for the remaining 15 years. Unfortunately, you gotta find what works for you.

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Originally posted by: JohnCU
They got the light and healthy OJ now. :)

There is only 60% orange juice in this product. The rest is filtered water. So..less juice..less sugar.

And, by the way, the price is the same!

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
The diet soda has all sorts of chemicals in it that I feel contribute to bloating and also increase cravings for things that aren't good for you,when you're really thirsty it actually does nothing to quench thirst either..I find it far easier to just reach for water.

I like OJ cut with some water.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: theNEOone
Originally posted by: KLin
drink water intead of diet drinks
second that. diet drinks are pure garbage

I think there was a miscommunication here. The OP was referring to diet soda. I believe you're refering to true diet drinks like Slim Fast. If you are really referring to diet soda like Diet Dr. Pepper, I have to ask why. It's just water, coloring, acid, and salt.

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
Originally posted by: ness1469
Originally posted by: KLin
drink water intead of diet drinks

Ewww, I hate water.:disgust:

Then enjoy your flabby stomach.

There's no calories or fat or carbs in these drinks...what's the problem with them?

They aren't a sufficent source of water.

Diet drinks only offer a good source of the nutrients you need to be healthy so you can safely eat less. They don't activly reduce weight.