What do I need to cut out of my diet?

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
I'm trying to burn off the fat on my stomach so my abs will show, so far I've started running every other day, drinking all diet drinks, and doing 100-150 crunches a day.

But what do I need to cut out of my diet? Calories, fat grams, carbs, what?

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Originally posted by: KLin
drink water intead of diet drinks
second that. diet drinks are pure garbage - substitute in water, or better yet gatorade or powerade. 100-150 crunches aren't doing anything for you right now. those 15 minutes would be better spent doing some high intensity cardio training. hell, even if you did have a low body fat percentage, you need to do resistance training on your abs to really let those abs pop out. 150 crunches are for 30 yr old women.

and what you need to cut are calories. don't cut out fat entirely, lower your intake to about 45-55g a day.

=|

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
I was reading an article today that says folks who retain fat around their middles in spite of diet/exercise usually do so because they have elevated levels of cortiosol(sp)
which is produced under stress.The article recommended good fats like those found in avocado,peanuts,also some dairy as there is some acid in dairy that helps this area lithlic(sp)

I found upping my cardio and eating cottage cheese everyday is helping me a great deal in my quest to reclaim that area.

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
I was reading an article today that says folks who retain fat around their middles in spite of diet/exercise usually do so because they have elevated levels of cortiosol(sp)
which is produced under stress.The article recommended good fats like those found in avocado,peanuts,also some dairy as there is some acid in dairy that helps this area lithlic(sp)

I found upping my cardio and eating cottage cheese everyday is helping me a great deal in my quest to reclaim that area.
very true. add some olive oil and fish oil and you're good to go.

=|

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
you didn't tell us what you are eating.. sheesh.. how are we supposed to know what to cut?

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Originally posted by: hevnsnt
you didn't tell us what you are eating.. sheesh.. how are we supposed to know what to cut?

I just wanted to know what I should look for when I'm buying stuff at the grocery store (low calorie, low fat, etc).

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
I'm kinda in the same boat - but I'm having a really hard time giving up all the food that I love. Tomorrow marks my halfway point in the couch to 5k running plan, I'm excited.

Ymmy

Banned
Aug 3, 2003
Don't need so much crunches, those muscles need time to heal also!

I would add weight training to your workout each week. Try start out with at least 3 times a week.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: theNEOone

=|

olive oil is the only oil used in my home:)

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Originally posted by: theNEOone

=|

olive oil is the only oil used in my home:)

It okay for sauteing, but if you're cooking at high temperatures use good quality coconut oil.

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: JohnCU
Originally posted by: BatmanNate
Too much beer, fratboy. ;)

I don't drink alcohol ;)

Pff, then why are you trying to look good? :p

by "drinking all diet drinks", do you mean drinking SlimFast for meals, or drinking energy drinks in between meals?

Bigblades

Mar 17, 2004
I'd cut out eating entirely. I've come to the conclusion that eating is as bad for you as smoking. Cut out eating entirely. Live on milk, a slim fast shake now and then, and absorb energy from the sun.