What do I do with this Disaronno?

Clair de Lune

Banned
Sep 24, 2008
I got a bottle of this leftover from a party.

I'm a straight forward man who drinks single malt or beer. I'm not used to these liqueurs. I tasted it and it's way too sweet & syrupy (reminds me of Chambord).

I'll keep it around for the ladies... but what are some simple cocktails I can make with them? Amaretto and Coke?

I also have a cheap Cognac (Landy VS) from a gift. What can you make with Cognac?

Thanks, my fellow drinkers.:beer:

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
disaronno and dr. pepper. thats the only thing this one girl i know drinks. tastes like a cherry dr. pepper.

Clair de Lune

Banned
Sep 24, 2008
Originally posted by: Fullmetal Chocobo
Sell it and buy something that tastes good.

Already open. :( I should've called dips on the Greygoose instead of this stupid liqueur. I was being nice to my friend. :(

alevasseur14

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2005
Just mix it with Coke. Go light with it, as you've noted it's really sweet but tastes pretty good in Coke if you don't go overboard.

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
disorono sours

Also, a splash of disoronno in the cognac yields an interesting drink.

alevasseur14

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2005
I should add that's it's not too bad on the rocks as long as you give it enough time to really cool down.

OOH! I forgot about sours! Makes me wish I had some Disorono right abouts now. And that I wasn't at work. Wait, that doesn't matter. :evil:

chipy

Golden Member
Feb 17, 2003
do what they do in the commercials: disaronno on the rocks! :D

aaah! alevasseur14 beat me to it.

herrjimbo

Aug 21, 2001
disaronno and whiskey, equal proportions.

not a bad taste and you'll be shitfaced in no time.

(on ice, of course)

Clair de Lune

Banned
Sep 24, 2008
Originally posted by: Clair de Lune
I just poured some in an old fashioned glassed with 5 cubes of ice. Letting a chill a bit. Will report back.

God damn way too fucking sweet. What is this, Nyquil? Blech. Not sure if I can even finish it. I'll just keep the damn bottle for friends coming over.

[update2]
I REALLY couldn't take it. I threw it out. And I'm not elitist snob either, but this was really bad.

I poured me Cragganmore 12yo.

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
Their website has an awesome recipe for Disarronno French Toast. We made it a couple years back. Amazing.

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Disaronno and 7up or sprite. That's what we take to the beach to hide our alchohol consumption cause it looks like cherry 7up.

It does get sweet, but just bring along a bottle of bitters.

Oct 19, 2000
[update2]
I REALLY couldn't take it. I threw it out. And I'm not elitist snob either, but this was really bad.

If you insist on posting the age of your preferred liquor on an internet message board, then yes, you are an elitest snob.

Clair de Lune

Banned
Sep 24, 2008
Originally posted by: peritusONE
[update2]

If you insist on posting the age of your preferred liquor on an internet message board, then yes, you are an elitest snob.

WTF what kind of logic is that?

I love my single malt as much as I enjoy Raspberry Harpoon beer. I dislike Disarono because it's too damn sweet to the point it makes me cringe, not because it's an inferior alcohol.

theknight571

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by: alevasseur14
Just mix it with Coke. Go light with it, as you've noted it's really sweet but tastes pretty good in Coke if you don't go overboard.

I know I'm a little late to the thread here, but...

A friend of mine was making these (Disaronno and Coke) at the beach this summer and they taste just like a Dr. Pepper. (At least that was the consensus amongst our group)

Feb 6, 2007
You fool. You foolish fool. An amaretto sour is one of the best drinks ever. The sour mix cuts down on the sweetness of the amaretto. Simply mix amaretto with a splash of sour mix (lemon juice and sugar water), then add more of one or the other to taste. Add a maraschino cherry if you're feeling saucy. I went to one place that actually made their sour mix with blood orange, which makes for a wicked amaretto sour.

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: peritusONE
[update2]

WTF what kind of logic is that?

Meh, no logic really. Just trying to make conversation.