What did you think of the show Over There?

jdoggg12

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2005
I really liked the show and was bummed they didn't continue it. I heard it caught some flack for its portrayal of the people serving and that was part of the reason for it being canceled (as well as declining ratings).

What did you think of the show and of how it portrayed soldiers?

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Not bad, occasionally pretty good. However, even when watching it, something just didn't feel right considering there are still a lot of people over there getting killed.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Imp
Not bad, occasionally pretty good. However, even when watching it, something just didn't feel right considering there are still a lot of people over there getting killed.

OMG, it's topical, it must offend someone!

This is what is wrong with the youth of today flks. Politcal sensitivity has gone tooooo far.

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Mwilding

This is what is wrong with the youth of today flks. Politcal sensitivity has gone tooooo far.

Why are you blaming the youth?

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: johnjohn320

I don't blame them, but they are a symptom.

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001

Explain.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004

Explain.

I blame it on 400 years of Puritan influence.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000

Wouldn't the problem be with the fathers and mothers and middle-aged TV network executives of today? I mean, I don't think it's the kids who made the call to pull the plug on the show.