What current gen GPUs still come with lifetime warranties?

Laststop311

Apr 24, 2013
As the title says looking for gpus that have the lifetime warranty when u mail in ur product registration within 30 days of buying it. Do any companies still offer that?

PhIlLy ChEeSe

Apr 1, 2013
None, not sure why your asking for "STILL" as no one ever has. Life time warranty would be death for a GPU company.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
XFX, BFG, Visiontek, and EVGA used to have lifetime warranties on certain models. Now that practice is long gone from what I see. I remember when your GPU went EOL they would try to send a model of equal performance (which sometimes was actually slower).

cbn

Lifer
Mar 27, 2009
With lifetime warranties gone, I hope we see more cards....especially lower end ones....with reference coolers. (Example: GTX 950 running GTX 960 reference cooler should not require a custom cooler...even for very low noise situations).

Then when the most likely to break part of the card (ie, the fan). fails, we can fix it easily.

EDIT: For the higher/highest end Video cards....maybe a relatively lightweight triple slot air cooled reference design works for most people.

Last edited:

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Hold up, XFX *still* has lifetime warranties, *if* you buy it from BestBuy.
That is the only way to get a lifetime warranty from them now.

XFXSupport

Aug 1, 2014
Hold up, XFX *still* has lifetime warranties, *if* you buy it from BestBuy.
That is the only way to get a lifetime warranty from them now.

Yea, all the new 300 series are Best Buy only for the lifetime warranty,

however, we still have Lifetime warranty on the 200 series everywhere else (with 2 fans) while supplies last. Newegg/amazon still carry our 200 series for now.

neatfeatguy

Dec 26, 2011
EVGA doesn't sell life time on nothing, Oh they will sell it to you but you will NEVA EVA get it! That's there bread n butta!

BFG=[redacted] there gone! They went out around the 8800GT era.

BFG was decent for the time that I used them. They shut doors shortly before the launch of the 4xx series. They manufactured GTX 280, 285, 275 and 295s, but they didn't make the jump to the 4xx series.

They stood by their warranty until they closed doors. I had one of my 280s fan fail and they filled my RMA, they sent a 285 as a replacement. Literally the same day the 285 came in, BFG announced they were closing doors and no longer accepting any RMAs. I just got my replacement filled before they stopped.

Sadly, the 285 I got was faulty. Voltage and clock adjustments (up or down) couldn't get the card to run stable and it constantly crashed. So I was left with a working 280 and a paper weight 285. Thankfully I got lucky and the faulty 285 took the 280 BIOS I pulled from my working 280. I ran a 285 and a 280 as 280s in SLI for a couple years. I passed the flashed 285 to my younger brother.

Anyway....I wish BFG was still around. Even with my wonky experience with their cards, I still thought they were a good company.

Last edited by a moderator:

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
Last edited by a moderator:

XFXSupport

Aug 1, 2014
It's hard to imagine anything with a mechanical spinning fan to have a lifetime warranty.

certainly a true statement. Fan failures are the most common failures we see.

We send out free replacement fans with or without a warranty and id imagine most companies do the same.

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
But who really plans to use their GPU longer than 3 years anyway? At least for high end parts. People who want high in parts need to replace them from time to time to keep up.

positivedoppler

Golden Member
Apr 30, 2012
But who really plans to use their GPU longer than 3 years anyway? At least for high end parts. People who want high in parts need to replace them from time to time to keep up.

But isn't it nice to know that the electronics we purchased were engineered to last for longer their warranty period?

I forgot which one I had, a Geforce 6200 or 6600, but I held on to that for about 5 years until the system mb died