What could be wrong? Floppy drive wont work!

Nutcase99

Golden Member
Dec 22, 1999
I bought a MSI K7 Pro and well when I plugin a floppy drive it detects it there but it won't read any floppies!!! The floppy drive light goes on and it the head moves to read the floppy but then it doesn't read anything.

I know the floppy drive is fine because I tried it on another comp, the wire that is connecting the floppy drive to the mobo is fine too... what do you guys think it could be?!?!

frizzlefry

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
This isn't really for the OT forum. but....

There might be a bent pin on the floppy? or on the board? I had this happen once but can't remember what I did. I figure you probably already checked the BIOS.... don't know...

Nutcase99

Golden Member
Dec 22, 1999
Pins on the back of what? the floppy drive? I know the drive is fine because I tested it in another comp. I even tried the floppy drive from the comp that I am on right now and it won't work on that comp.

Nutcase99

Golden Member
Dec 22, 1999
Checked the BIOS? and ummm I know it isnt an OT thread but I will get a quicker response in here. :)

Rakkis

Apr 24, 2000
"check the bios" (i.e. check that the right floppy drive - the one that matches the physical drive - is selected inside the bios)

phatcow

Platinum Member
Nov 25, 2000
Hmmmm... why are there missing pins? i thought the only pin thats missing is the middle one?

phatcow

Platinum Member
Nov 25, 2000
Hmmmm... why are there missing pins? i thought the only pin thats missing is the middle one?

frizzlefry

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
No not connector looks fine. You sure you have the cable on the right way? Red side to pin 1?

spamboy

Banned
Aug 28, 2000
um, looks like you're missing two pins on the mobo. compare it to your other computer to check.