What could be worse than a Chevy Avalanche? :-)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Rent
Reminds me of the Suburu Baja... except Chevy isn't known for attracting the gay/lesbian crowd :Q

.... quickly runs to list his Baja in the Auto Trader magazine.

Murphyrulez

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Rufio
so how do u like it??

We love it. We have hauled tons of stuff in the back, we built a big patio in our backyard and hauled literally tons of gravel, sand, and patio stones. We towed the cement mixer and poured our own foundation for our shed. We have hauled couches, washers and dryers, bigscreen TV's.

All with the luxury of a normal SUV, full backseat, seats 6.

I wouldn't want a pickup, and I wouldn't want a fully enclosed SUV. With the pickup you wouldn't have all the room up front, and with a SUV you couldn't haul all the stuff I mentioned...

People hate it because they can. Not becuase they have a good reason.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Murphyrulez
so how do u like it??

We love it. We have hauled tons of stuff in the back, we built a big patio in our backyard and hauled literally tons of gravel, sand, and patio stones. We towed the cement mixer and poured our own foundation for our shed. We have hauled couches, washers and dryers, bigscreen TV's.

I wouldn't want a pickup, and I wouldn't want a fully enclosed SUV. With the pickup you wouldn't have all the room up front, and with a SUV you couldn't haul all the stuff I mentioned...

im with him, however, here is a reccomendation murphy. when you go on a long trip fold the midgate down, leave early, and allow your kid to sleep laying down :D trust me its comfy and very nice.

MIKE

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You guys don't like the Avalanche?

I am gonna get one!!!

I like the Avalanche that doesn't have all the cladding on it. And this new "El Camino" looks good too.

btw, to all, y'all need to learn to be open to new designs or in a few years when your middle-aged, your kids are gonna think what you think looks good looks like crap !

:moon:

fastz28

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2001
Originally posted by: nourdmrolNMT1
Originally posted by: Murphyrulez
so how do u like it??

im with him, however, here is a reccomendation murphy. when you go on a long trip fold the midgate down, leave early, and allow your kid to sleep laying down :D trust me its comfy and very nice.

MIKE

No kids here, but that's what we do when we go camping. :D

kenshorin

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Dead Parrot Sketch
btw, to all, y'all need to learn to be open to new designs or in a few years when your middle-aged, your kids are gonna think what you think looks good looks like crap !

I don't think that applies to cars... I love the cars from my dad's day.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Dead Parrot Sketch
You guys don't like the Avalanche?

I am gonna get one!!!

I like the Avalanche that doesn't have all the cladding on it. And this new "El Camino" looks good too.

:moon:

I like the "normal" Avalanche too. The cladded version looks like it was designed by a retarded monkey with a gimp hand. This new "Avalanche" looks too long and quite frankly, it looks like a Transformer.

I'm waiting to hear "EEE arr arr ooo ooo arr ehmm rrrrrrrrr arr"