What component is the sensor monitoring? SpeedFan 4.31

Fike

Oct 2, 2001
I am using SpeedFan 4.31, and I am trying to figure out what Temp1 Temp2, and Temp3 represent. If I go into the configure screen I see that all three are monitoring with a Winbond W83627HF chip on the ISA bs at address $290. I have no idea how to equate that with the northbridge or the memory or anything more useful for overclocking debug purposes. All three sensors read very different temps at idle Temp 1 is at 25C, Temp2 is at 40C and Temp3 is at 37C.

Any ideas?

aceO07

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2000
I would just stress the cpu and see which temp goes up and that would be the CPU. (Unless they all went up at the same rate..) The others might be hard drives or something else.

Fike

Oct 2, 2001
Originally posted by: aceO07
I would just stress the cpu and see which temp goes up and that would be the CPU. (Unless they all went up at the same rate..) The others might be hard drives or something else.

I know that the Temp1-3 are not the core or hard drives because there is a sensor called "Core." I am good with that . The hard drive sensors say HardDrive1-3, so that is okay too. I am just trying to figure out the other three. I am assuming one of them is the northbridge and perhaps one is southbridge, but what is the third and which is which?

aka1nas

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Core is the acutal on-die temp sensor. One of the temp 1-3 values is the CPU temp sensor on the motherboard. The hard drives are easy to figure out because they will specify the sensor chip in speed fans config as the hard drive model.

Fike

Oct 2, 2001
Originally posted by: aka1nas
Core is the acutal on-die temp sensor. One of the temp 1-3 values is the CPU temp sensor on the motherboard.

That is helpful. Temp 2 has been pretty high and has tracked closely with the temp of the Core. I was afraid that it was the northbridge or something like that. I was considering getting a fan for the passively cooled chipset.

I wonder what the other two are?