What changes would you like to see in CoD4?

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
For me, I'd like to see:
1) Either reduced grenade loadouts per MATCH (not per round) or reduction in points for grenade kills, possibly down to 0 points.
2) Air strikes\helicopter kills shouldn't contribute to the kill counter towards another air strike\helicopter attack.
3) P90s effective range is ridiculous. As good as any of the assault rifles
4) LMGs have sniper rifle accuracy. A large portion of people use LMGs all the time, and snipe with them.

My main problem is with the grenades and air strike spam. Just makes the game unenjoyable sometimes.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
unless everyone uses grenade launchers or has the 3x frag nades perk and grenade launchers, i don't see a big problem. without those things, you're pretty limted to killing with nades.

I agree with #2. I'd also like to see it limited to one each per person per round, but then they'd have to change some of the challenges.

can't say I've noticed the range on the P90 to that good. Even if it does have the range, the inaccuracy kills it.

#4 is close if you use single shot only. I don't know that I'd say its sniper rifle accurate, but it is pretty accurate when used that way.

i'd like to see more maps and more guns and perks. some of the perks are just awful.

NYHoustonman

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2002
As far as single player - I'd like to see the AI throw fewer grenades (got irritating sometimes, pop around a corner and suddenly you've got two grenades in your lap), and obviously I'd like to see the respawns done away with. Those two changes would make the game a lot more enjoyable for me.

Just getting into Multiplayer now, but those issues sound like they'll annoy the shit outta me too.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Sniper rifles are not useful enough. There either needs to be 1) bigger maps, 2) more sniper spots, 3) better sniper accuracy, or 4) lower rifle accuracy.

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
The P90 really needs to have massive innaccurracy beyond about 10 feet. I've seen too many cross map kills with the thing, and given it's high rate of fire, acceptable damage, and high capacity, it really needs a weakness.

Per map grenade caps sounds good to me, at least as an option. Too often for my tastes people spawn and just chuck blindly, hoping they'll hit someone far away - on certain maps, it works more often then not.

I wouldn't mind LMG's getting accurracy reduced, but if that happens, they really need a big damage boost. IMHO, it should be a one hit kill in that situation, just so suppressing fire with the thing actually works.

Airstrikes and helis....you know, they could probably deal with this one by adding two things - first, make the Javelin from single player a usable secondary. It can't shoot people, so it won't be overpowered, but it will shut down helos stat. Secondly, make a perk 3 that changes your UAV to fighter cover (No callout to the enemies that you have it) and any airstrikes during that period gets blown up.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
I'd like a perk where you can stick multiple attachments on a weapon, probably for perk slot 1. This would prevent the use of the grenade launcher + scope or something, but you could still have red dot+silencer or something cool. Other than that, P90 should be less effective (probably less accurate, and needs to have sway when aiming - other guns do) - I use it all the time, but it's ridiculous.

I also think killing Helis should net players a decent amount of points - maybe 15 or 20 pts per kill. You only get exp for your first heli kill right now, and after that its just for survival - and most people just ignore it.

Also, no guns except LMGs and sniper rifles with deep impact should be able to shoot through medal. It would give more incentive to use them over an assault rifle.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I'd say at least 50% of kills in most games I play come from grenades. People just spam non-stop.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
i still don't see how you guys think the p90 is that accurate...i played with it last night and and the bullets just go everywhere. its not accurate at all except for short range.

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
Red dot sight and short controlled bursts, and it's effective cross map, like just about anything except shotguns.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
They can keep martyrdom, but it needs to be taken out of certain damage scenarios. People who get shot in the head don't have time to pull the pin on a grenade. At least add an animation.

Adding single shot, burst, and full auto to certain weapons is a must.
Multiple attachments would also be nice. I should be able to have a red dot and a silencer.

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
I def agree with 2) the bombing run call then a few seconds later chopper call is rediculous sometimes. Grenades do get pretty annoying sometimes so I can agree with that too. I admit it that I do it too sometimes... esspecially if I get naded out of no where... a few rounds in a row.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I actually agree pretty much with ponty and think must of your complaints are way too whiney.

Can't look it up at the moment, but due to it's design doesn't the p-90 have a barrel length similar to a standard rifle.

As far as air/copter; not sure I've ever seen more than 3 killed during either except for some of the really small maps like the containers.

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Pretty much agree with OP. Those things are annoying in standard, but make the game absolutely pointless in hardcore.

You should be limited to one strike/chopper per map, and all of the waviness of the sniper rifle/ACOG should be removed. Its pointless to cripple it like that when light machine guns dont have that issue. Its as if they didnt tune the game separately for the PC, not paying attention to how the mouse vs. gamepad changes the game entirely.