what cd ripper do you guys use?

jonnyjack

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
between these 3 rippers, which one is the best?

ExactAudioCopy
WinDAC (Digital Audio Copy)
CD DAE99

i'm using a plextor 40x...i tried all three and i get up to 30x on all of them, but is the quality dependant on the drive or the software? i can't really tell from the waves i copied...hoping experienced users of the above software can help...TIA

DefRef

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
I USED to use and recommend CDEx, but I had a bad run with it and switched first to Siren (sloooooooooooow) and now AudioCat (FAST!).

SinnerWolf

Dec 30, 2000
the software isn't going to determine your rip speed, it's the drive. try updating the firmware

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
EAC man, all the way. After it managed to rip some scratch cds that couldn't rip w/ the others... it's great. Use it + the lame encoder using someones perl script to tag and organize every thing.

grifterspawn

Golden Member
Feb 16, 2000
I use audiocatalyst AND ExactAudioCopy (free), and I have to say that EAC works better, it extracts even copyright protected tracks that audio catalyst forces you to copy by analog.

bcterps

Platinum Member
Aug 31, 2000
After trying CDex, EAC, AudioGrabber, and a ton of others, I actually settled on MusicMatch Jukebox. It aint free, but it came free with my burner. It encodes just as fast as the others, its a bit bloated, but not horribly so.

--Ben