What CD / DVD Cataloging Software do you use?

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
i need some good cd / dvd cataloging software that will allow output to html, html that looks good, not just the plain text but one that will show the front covers with it. i would prefer two different programs, one for cds and one for dvds and also prefer freeware. please help :)

Doh!

Platinum Member
Jan 21, 2000
No freeware that I know of but collectorz.com has a movie database program w/ html, cover pages, etc.

DefRef

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
DVD Aficionado is where I keep my DVD list, but I've yet to find a good CD cataloging program. I can't use programs that require CDs to be inserted into the computer to be read cuz I've got about a thousand. Something like DVD Aficianado's database where I could type in a band's name and check off the titles I own and move them to a owned list would be great.

IndyJaws

Golden Member
Nov 24, 2000
DVD Profiler is a fantastic program. It also supports the old Cue Cat bar code reader for easy entry. It will also create a web page you can view anywhere online, which can come in handy when you're at the store and can't remember if you have a certain movie!

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
i appreciate the online ones, but i don't need that. i have my own webhosting so i already have a place to put the html. are there any local based ones you would recommend?

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
CD Trustee
It does require that you insert the CD's to get the info from the CDDB, unless you want to fill in the info yourself. With the Pro version you can get the info from a database you install on your HD.

There is a free, 30 CD trial version if you want to check it out 1st.

IndyJaws

Golden Member
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by: bob4432
i appreciate the online ones, but i don't need that. i have my own webhosting so i already have a place to put the html. are there any local based ones you would recommend?

DVD Profiler is a local based program. It has the option of posting to the web, but doesn't require it.

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
Originally posted by: IndyJaws
Originally posted by: bob4432

DVD Profiler is a local based program. It has the option of posting to the web, but doesn't require it.

i overlooked that part, i will give it a try :)