what cause this BSOD

NirHahs

Jan 1, 2014
last night i got a BSOD 0xa0000001. what cause this BSOD code happen?

related files are (source bluescreenreview) :
atikmdag.sys
dxgmms1.sys
ntoskrnl.exe

im using R9 290 Gaming 4G with 14.4 BETA driver. is this related to GPU problem? I dont know which program that cause this BSOD because my sister was using my computer and she is 5 years old.
Is there any stress software to test the GPU to see if I will get this BSOD again?

MeldarthX

Golden Member
May 8, 2010
honestly could be a combo of things.......until you figure out which program; it can be hard....most likely it is video card driver related......

new 14.4s are out that are cert; so could update to those; and see how it goes

KaRLiToS

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2010
last night i got a BSOD 0xa0000001. what cause this BSOD code happen?

related files are (source bluescreenreview) :
atikmdag.sys
dxgmms1.sys
ntoskrnl.exe

im using R9 290 Gaming 4G with 14.4 BETA driver. is this related to GPU problem? I dont know which program that cause this BSOD because my sister was using my computer and she is 5 years old.
Is there any stress software to test the GPU to see if I will get this BSOD again?

Install Unigine Valley and let it run for a while.

Is your system and CPU overclocked?

wand3r3r

Diamond Member
May 16, 2008
I'm going to take a guess and say HTML5 (or possibly flash?) video if you are just browsing the web etc. I believe that was the code I got. I still haven't tested to see if my GPU is faulty but I can replicate the issue by putting youtube full screen on one screen and do something on another. It might lead to a faulty card, but video is what causes that for me. Oddly I can play BF4 with rare issues although it seems somewhat buggy since I can get a random crash. It's smooth sailing most of the time though.

NirHahs

Jan 1, 2014
Install Unigine Valley and let it run for a while.

Is your system and CPU overclocked?
yes, im using i5 4670k @4.0ghz at 1.075v
I'm going to take a guess and say HTML5 (or possibly flash?) video if you are just browsing the web etc. I believe that was the code I got. I still haven't tested to see if my GPU is faulty but I can replicate the issue by putting youtube full screen on one screen and do something on another. It might lead to a faulty card, but video is what causes that for me. Oddly I can play BF4 with rare issues although it seems somewhat buggy since I can get a random crash. It's smooth sailing most of the time though.

my sister told me she was watching video on youtube with bluestack app (apps for opening android game on pc) opened.