What car manufacturer do you think makes the blandest line of cars and suvs?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mwmorph

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2004
Toyota's new camry is not bland, at least not the 3.5L V6 SE. It's quicker than the competitors(Altima 3.5se, Malibu Maxs, Accord V6, Galant [the special edition thing], etc), its bigger, its more refined and if not good looking at least stylisticaly tis unique, albeit a bit ugly.

Hyundai/Kia on the other hand do not have a single sports car or sporty car. The Hyundai Tiburon is powered by a 170hp 2.7L v6 and struggles to break a 8 second 0-60, nothng that even offers the sportiness of a Camry SE V6.

Then of course, there's Mercury, do they have a single car you would drive for driving excitement? The Grand Marquis? Maruader(do they even amke that anymore?)? What a joke of a division.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
I don't see how anyone can say GM is the blandest. Pontiacs are overstyled, Buicks are clearly boats for old people, and Cadillacs are definitely not normal looking.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I would have gone with Toyota but the the FJ Cruiser is very well styled and just darn cute.

Honda. I have yet to be see an interesting Honda, one dull box after another. Some well made boxes, but boring.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Originally posted by: mwmorph
Toyota's new camry is not bland, at least not the 3.5L V6 SE. It's quicker than the competitors(Altima 3.5se, Malibu Maxs, Accord V6, Galant [the special edition thing], etc), its bigger, its more refined and if not good looking at least stylisticaly tis unique, albeit a bit ugly.

Hyundai/Kia on the other hand do not have a single sports car or sporty car. The Hyundai Tiburon is powered by a 170hp 2.7L v6 and struggles to break a 8 second 0-60, nothng that even offers the sportiness of a Camry SE V6.

Then of course, there's Mercury, do they have a single car you would drive for driving excitement? The Grand Marquis? Maruader(do they even amke that anymore?)? What a joke of a division.

Mercury is sad I agree. They make very reliable, confortable cars but they are not exciting.

The Marauder was built for '03 and '04 only. It was cancled due to poor sales.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix
toyota

nothing is more bland than the corolla/camry/es/rx/highlander/avalon/sienna meh

they even managed to make a sports coupe convertible bland.

...and killed off the MR2, Supra, and Celica (very nimble, light little thing)

IMO, the closest thing to hip they have is the FJ Cruiser

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Kelvrick
Toyota is bland, but take a look at Daewoo (sp?) and Kia. Common!

Daewoo is so bland, they don't even exist in the states :Q

Kia is just trying to get market share so you can't really blame them for not going out on a limb. Toyota, on the other hand, sells in the millions so they don't have much of an excuse for not putting out a superstar or two

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: iversonyin
The bigger the manufacture get, the more bland they get. Because they sell mass produced vehicle.

Toyota, GM has the most bland cars- the one produce for the masses anyway

At least GM has the Corvette...and the Solstice...and other SS stuff

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: ironwing
I would have gone with Toyota but the the FJ Cruiser is very well styled and just darn cute.

Honda. I have yet to be see an interesting Honda, one dull box after another. Some well made boxes, but boring.

This was my interesting Honda:

Text

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You could ask the question "Which car manufacturer do you like the least?" and the responses would be exactly the same. My vote goes to GM. The LT1, LS1, and LS2 engines are the most boring engines in any car I currently own.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: Savij
Honda

S2000???

NSX???

WTF are you smoking?

NSX is no longer in production.

So they make one car out of how many? The S2000 is nice, but not all of that.

Plus the S2000 is just a rip-off of the mazda miata with more power. It's really not that pretty. It's just fast - kinda.

Regardless, I pick GM.