what can i do to make my system more stable?

gplracer

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2000
I have a duron overclocked to 860mhz. For some reason when it gets up to around 45 degrees some weird things start to happen. It is like the keyboard sticks or something because letters start repeating. Sometimes the E drive will not show up and I have to reboot. It is things like this. I had it at 1.75 volts then 1.8 then 1.85 but the higher I go in voltage the more problems I have. It seems to be when the cpu is around 45C when things go weird. Other times the computer is fine. What do you suggest? There are many people running durons a lot hotter than that with no problems. I do have the memory on the fastest setting if that makes a difference. I did have the system at 901 but I backed down to this to help with the same problems. Thanks!
Here is my system:

duron overclocked to 860mhz
Abit kt7
Alpha pal 6035
wd 18.5 gig hard drive
voodoo 5 5500

VotTak

Sep 12, 2000
PLease specify which Duron you got, was it locked or not, if yes than how did you unlock it, multiplier, FSB, heatsink to let the ppl help you out.

gplracer

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2000
The duron that I got was from buy.com. It is a week 29. I had to use the pencil trick to unlock the multiplier because the golden bridges were cut. I just now set the cpu strength to 3 instead of 2. Someone at overclockers workbench told me that would help to make the system more stable. Are you guys doing that?

I currently have the fsb on 101 and the multiplier on 8.5 so it is running at 860mhz.