what can be achieved faster, gaining weight or losing weight?

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
...given a specifc time frame, say a single day.

each action has it's limit. your stomach can only hold so much food. so, consider that your stomach is always full (i.e. constantly eating.) then, the amount of weight you put on depends on the kind of food in your stomach, and your rate of digestion.

conversely, you can try to starve yourself and run around day, but that has it's limit as well.

anyone want to take a guess at the maximum amount of weight an individual could gain/lost in a single day?

=|

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
depends on the person, individually

rolleye.gif

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
I think it would be much easier to gain weight over the course of one day. Eating constantly and drinking tons of water would result in much more weight gain than starving and lots of physical activity.

Over longer time scales, gaining weight is still easier.

R

Ready

Golden Member
Jan 16, 2003
Yeah depends. If I stop working out and pig out for the next week, I gain about a pound.
I've lost so much weight one time over-night when I got food poison that the doctor had me re-weighted 3 times to confirm the number.
If you go on a diet for the first time, you'll lose alot of weight the first two or three weeks
but, dropping weight is very hard like 1lb/week if your weight has been fairly steady.

Or you can stop drinking water, stop eating, and run to drop 10lbs in about 3 days. But thats what wrestlers do.

onelin

Dec 11, 2001
Gaining is probably easier, except in situations like rgwalt's, where you're sick. I wouldn't suggest anyone try to do any rapid change of weight in one-day intervals, though...it doesn't sound healthy. True diet doesn't involve starving yourself, and gaining weight doesn't have to be by being total glutton.