what bundled sowftware comes with a retail aiw 8500dv?

bockchow

Platinum Member
Sep 18, 2001
i've wanted an AIW for a realy long time but never actualy got one. i was looking at either a 7500, 8500dv, or possible even the 8500 128. after not seeing much that would meet my needs/pricerange in ATI's next generation stuff i've decided to go with a current model. more than likely the 8500dv.

i noticed that the old AIW cards haven't realy lost much value so i don't think waiting is going to make anything cheeper so i'm going for it now. newegg has the dv for $189 bulk and $210 retail, my only question is what are the difference between the two? is the bulk one just clocked lower and missing a box or is there more than that?

sodcha0s

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2001
I have the bulk 8500DV from newegg. The only difference is with the bulk version you get plain packaging and no software bundle. They are the exact same cards, clocked the same (230/190) and the bulk version comes with all the accessories that come with the retail version. I am very happy with mine, all the video features I've used work very well. I am running Win XP pro and have had no driver issues at all.

bockchow

Platinum Member
Sep 18, 2001
any idea what the bundled software is? i saw half-life but thats the only cd i could see in the pic. if the software is anything that i'd use i'd pay the extra $20 but if it's just junk then i'll pass. i've never played half-life though so i guess it would be worth it to finaly see what all the counter strike guys are talking about.

bockchow

Platinum Member
Sep 18, 2001
i know sombody here has bought the retail version, i just want to know so i can decide which one to order.