What browser are you using?

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
Just switched to Firefox under OS X. Got really sick of Safari's shortcomings. What are you using?

GhettoFob

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2001
Firefox. I can't stand using any of the other browsers until they have an AdBlock addon.

HermDogg

Golden Member
Jul 29, 2004
I don't do a lot of heavy browsing on my Mac (I have it mostly for novelty/Mac-only apps purposes), so I use Safari 3 Beta because of the speed. Before that came out (and if it crashes a lot, which is what happens from what I've been hearing) I was using Camino.

fobis

Jan 4, 2006
I use Camino 1.5
Firefox was just not pretty enough for the OS X Tiger UI and it was a little slower to load.

timswim78

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2003
I use firefox.

I like Safari and would use it, but I have one problem with it. There is no drop down arrow next to the address bar. Sometime I don't feel like typing in an address and just want to click the drop down arrow, like I can in every other major browser, and select a Web site that I recently visited.

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
using firefox, i have a few issues (that did not get addressed with the new beta) with safari. i can't make it automatically open links to a new tab and i can't selectively allow sites to use popups. both of which annoy the hell out of me.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Firefox here, but mainly for consistency with my Windows and Linux systems. I also got used to having a multitude of extentions. Adblock plus being the most prime example.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Firefox for one main reason, Foxmarks... Sync's up my bookmarks on all my Firefox's

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
Safari Beta 3 on OS X, IE7 in VMWare and Vista so I can watch Netflix Streaming Movies.

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
Originally posted by: TheStu
Safari Beta 3 on OS X, IE7 in VMWare and Vista so I can watch Netflix Streaming Movies.

hehe that's probably what my parallels setup gets used most for.

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
Originally posted by: fisher
Originally posted by: TheStu

hehe that's probably what my parallels setup gets used most for.

I also VM Vista so I can use Google Sketchup. On native Vista, mouse-sync is off in Sketchup, so the mouse cursor is about 2-3 mm above where the line is being drawn, really makes it difficult to click on specific points. In VMWare the mouse sync is perfect, and I am just way too lazy to boot into Vista just to reinstall Sketchup and verify that it is working properly

Centauri

Golden Member
Dec 10, 2002
I've been a Camino zealot since version 0.2.4~ when it was called Chimera. ;-)