What brand of PSUs should i get?

dpk33

Mar 6, 2011
I'm not planning on getting a PSU anytime soon. I just want to know for future reference what brands of PSU are good and what brands to avoid.

Slugbait

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Most "brands" don't make their own PSUs. Most brands utilize more than one manufacturer.

For future reference, research the specific model number you are interested in, and find out who made it. Certainly one of the better manufacturers is Seasonic.

BrianTho2010

Jul 27, 2011
Seasonic makes the best power supplies hands down. They are also the OEM manufacture for alot of good PSU's like Corsair, some OCZ, XFX and many others.

tomoyo

Oct 5, 2005
Seasonic to PSUs is like Intel to SSDs. :)

Ignoring the little ssd booboos intel has had on at least 2 lines of their ssds ;)
Now mind you, I still trust Intel ssd's far more than most other ssd brands. Especially sandforce controller, which are far far too iffy for any production usage to me.
Also another way the analogy breaks down, sandforce is definitely faster, while Seasonic is only marginally behind some of the platinums with their X-Series, which is still to me, the Top Tier of power supples for their overall attributes.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
I'm not planning on getting a PSU anytime soon. I just want to know for future reference what brand+model of PSU are good and what brand+model to avoid.

Fixed.

For instance, Thermaltake makes nice quality (albeit overpriced) Toughpower series of PSU. However, Thermaltake also makes really mediocre TR2 series of PSU.

WhoBeDaPlaya

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2000
PSUs made by Delta, Andyson and FSP can also be good, eg. the Andyson MT9 platform for the BFG EX-1000 and EX-1200 is great, but Andyson's offerings from Raidmax - not so great.