What bloatware from the manufacturer is safe to remove?

SHIROI RAKUEN

Feb 18, 2013
The Asus I have right now came with some bloatware ofc, & I was wondering which programs were safe to delete so I can have more disk space.

Asus Vibe

Asus webstorage sync agent

Asus live update

ATK package

Asus USB charger plus

Asus power 4 gear hybrid

Asus instant connect

Asus instant on

Asus smart gesture

Asus life frame3

Asus splendid video enhancement technology

Windows driver package Asus mouse

So, which one of these do u guys think I can remove without hindering the system?

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
Windows will run without any of them if that's what you're asking. Other than that it depends on if you want those features...like instant on just reboots your computer and goes standbye for you when you click "shutdown" so you always have a fresh rebooted PC with the speed of standby. Live update just keeps you informed of Bios updates, utilities..etc. Things like that.

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
I would simply Google each one and if it doesn't do something you care about, remove it.

Or if you have a driver disc, you could save time and remove them all. If something stops working that you want, reinstall it.

-KeithP

MadScientist

Platinum Member
Jul 15, 2001
I just put a new hard drive in an Asus laptop. I used the recovery disks to put the OS and Asus utilities back on. It had all the bloatware you listed plus more. I took it all off. None of it is needed. Waste of disk space.
If you want any of it back on go to the Asus website under support to download and install them. While you are there check to make sure you have the latest drivers.

gitano

Aug 4, 2008
i think you can remove all, i have asus laptop and cleaned all except the ATK package cause this one mades work the Fn keys and some volume controls at the top.

Berryracer

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2006
The Asus I have right now came with some bloatware ofc, & I was wondering which programs were safe to delete so I can have more disk space.

Asus Vibe

Asus live update

ATK package

Asus USB charger plus

Asus power 4 gear hybrid

Asus instant connect

Asus instant on

Asus smart gesture

Asus life frame3

Windows driver package Asus mouse

So, which one of these do u guys think I can remove without hindering the system?

Remove these:

Asus Vibe

Asus live update

Asus instant connect

Asus instant on

The rest are needed. The ATK package controls the keyboard illumination lights and other hot key functions

Here is a guide for my ASUS G75VW Clean Install Guide which gives you an idea of what are the essentials:

ASUS G75VW Clean Install Guide

Link now broken. You've been warned and infracted in the past for spamming your own website. The rules allow you to have a simple link in your signature. Since you have repeatedly violated this rule, the result is the same as for other spammers: your site was added to the censor list, at least temporarily, pending discussion by the other admins here. -Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator:

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Typically when I get a new laptop, I just pull the HDD and replace it with another one that I install windows on fresh. That way if I ever get rid of it, I pop the original back in and it's like new and has no traces of my info.

Berryracer

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2006
Typically when I get a new laptop, I just pull the HDD and replace it with another one that I install windows on fresh. That way if I ever get rid of it, I pop the original back in and it's like new and has no traces of my info.

same here, I pop in my SSD and do a clean install of Windows with the latest drivers

Ash47291

Nov 25, 2014
i think you can remove all, i have asus laptop and cleaned all except the ATK package cause this one mades work the Fn keys and some volume controls at the top.

I removed the ATK package and I can still use the fn and volume control buttons and all of the top control buttons

Towermax

Mar 19, 2006
I would simply Google each one and if it doesn't do something you care about, remove it.

Or if you have a driver disc, you could save time and remove them all. If something stops working that you want, reinstall it.

-KeithP

Exactly! This is what I did with my Asus laptop.

I ended up removing almost all the Asus programs. There were a couple that were useful, so they stayed.