What artist has influenced what you listen to the most?

monk3y

Lifer
Jun 12, 2001
I myself was influenced most by The Smiths. I still find myself listening to their CD's.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
The one artist that influenced me the most? Paul Oakenfold. My first real introduction to electronic music. Since then I've learned all about the scene, learned how to dance, and have a set of tables that I'm teaching myself on.

zimmie6576

Apr 7, 2002
Sting. I don't really listen to his music, but that fact that he's making it... I respect that.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Hmmm....if I had to pick just one I'd say Pink Floyd. Their style is so all over the map (depending on which album you're listening to) that it effectively broadened my horizons. Whereas I was strictly a metalhead growing up, I now listen to just about everything.

Fausto

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
Kevn Kinney, John Bell, John Popper, Trey Anastasio, and Chris Barron were early influences on music I bought. All are great songwriters, both lyrically and musically.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Metallica and AC/DC...been a meta/hard rockl head since I can remember.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
dj mystik....but i'm ashamed of that, so i'll say christopher lawrence ;)

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Easy.

The Beatles

The best band ever.. Their influence shows in music and our society moreso than any other band.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

<< Easy.
The Beatles
The best band ever.. Their influence shows in music and our society moreso than any other band.
>>

Who influenced the Beatles?

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000

<< Kevn Kinney, John Bell, John Popper, Trey Anastasio, and Chris Barron were early influences on music I bought. All are great songwriters, both lyrically and musically. >>

Make sure you check the listings at Smith's Olde Bar if you're ever in Atlanta. Kinney plays acoustic sets there pretty frequently. Very small venue with a good sound system and whoever is playing that night will usually hang around for a few beers afterwards to chat with fans (if you're so inclined).

Fausto

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001

<<

<< Kevn Kinney, John Bell, John Popper, Trey Anastasio, and Chris Barron were early influences on music I bought. All are great songwriters, both lyrically and musically. >>

Make sure you check the listings at Smith's Olde Bar if you're ever in Atlanta. Kinney plays acoustic sets there pretty frequently. Very small venue with a good sound system and whoever is playing that night will usually hang around for a few beers afterwards to chat with fans (if you're so inclined).

Fausto
>>

I do go to ATL often, but I've never been able to catch him solo. I'd really like to see him since the last solo show I saw from him was back when MacDougle Blues came, and his fifteen minute set at Summer Sessions (moe, Galactic, SCI, Gov't Mule) a few years back.

But, he happens to be playing a free show here next week for our weekly downtown concert series. We have Derek Trucks this week, and Keller Williams in a few weeks. They've got some good bands lined up.

I've seen DNC too many times to count.

Ramsnake

Apr 12, 2002
Level 42 - For My Interest In New Wave, Synth Pop , Lite Jazz and Sophisti-Pop
Rick Astley - For my interest in the late 80s stock aitken and waterman produced music and also other late 80s pop.
Def Leppard - for my interest in the 80s pop metal scene with the killer guitar solos
Metallica - what can i say?

HomerSapien

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2000
Nine Inch Nails, Mozart, Craig Armstrong, Aphex Twin, Rem, Stones and Pink Floyd....

I know its an odd mix but influences should be.

Stiler

Banned
Nov 21, 2001
Elvis the king baby!
Aerosmith
Beatles
tears for fears
Steve Mcdonald

all those have broden my horizon on other groups, bands, etc

LethalWolfe

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2001
Metallica and Rush have easily been the 2 biggest musical influences on my life. I listen to a variety of music, but it'll always come back to these 2.

Lethal