What are your travel plans for the year?

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
We're getting back to our normal travel trends so we've got a fair bit planned:
Canary Islands
Cruise to Jamaica and Grand Cayman
Costa Rica
Washington DC
Tennessee
Norway

I've got a travel credit with Delta so we'll probably try for a trip to the NE in August. And then something for Dec 2023

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
We booked 5 days of camping on the 4th of July. We take the doggos away from the beach landing scene from Apocalypse Now that happens here in Redneck City.
That's it. Everything else is building a house.

Reactions: kennyreid95

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
We might only do a couple of segments, i'm not overly keen on a 120+ day voyage, that said i'd love to to an extensive one of Asia

I think I'd get sick of the small cruise ship rooms over a long period of time like that. Or probably anything over 21 days

I need to plan the back half of the year. Maybe Spain though the husband has been agitating for Australia.

I'll admit some recency bias but we really enjoyed our south of Spain trip this winter. Morocco is an easy ferry ride away and the Canary islands easy to get to with beautiful scenery of all kinds, great food and shockingly cheap. $14 total for a great lunch for two of Arepas and beer. $180/nt for a 3 bed 3 bath 3 story end unit condo with private pool and mountain+ocean views.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I'll admit some recency bias but we really enjoyed our south of Spain trip this winter. Morocco is an easy ferry ride away and the Canary islands easy to get to with beautiful scenery of all kinds, great food and shockingly cheap. $14 total for a great lunch for two of Arepas and beer. $180/nt for a 3 bed 3 bath 3 story end unit condo with private pool and mountain+ocean views.

I have a feeling we'll end up in Spain due to having aborted a trip there a few years ago due to illness and the availability of biz class seats obtainable on points.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Man, some serious world travelers here. Italy last year - so this year we are going to try 'glamping' a few times with my brother and some mutual friends. They actually camp - don’t think I’d like that. We also hope to visit one of my wife’s best friends who lives in NY and my best friend who now lives out near Spokane, WA.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
I have a feeling we'll end up in Spain due to having aborted a trip there a few years ago due to illness and the availability of biz class seats obtainable on points.
Yeah - getting those seats on points to Oz is a tad harder

Saylick

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2012
Ever since Covid happened, I've been putting off big international trips so instead I've been visiting a bunch of national parks. Last year, I visited Glacier, Zion, and Bryce NP. I'll probably check out Banff later this year.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I live outside DC and would never waste a trip to come to DC lol.

So far we are planning on Italy for my wife's 40th in July and we have a wedding in the DR in June.

Other than that nothing booked/planned but we'll probably go to 2-3 more tropical places

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Trying to organise a trip to Verona to see some opera in the arena. It's a bit of a ball ache trying to coordinate 3 house holds for holiday time and accommodation though.

It's a chill city, with a nice Arena...I think I saw a free opera in the park there about 22 years ago, haha. ....it was either a play or opera, but pretty sure an opera. Was the fall, and Verona, so that kinda makes sense. hmm.

You're talking about the old Roman Arena they have?

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
Las Vegas in about 3 weeks, just for a long weekend
Maui in May
I'm climbing in the Washington Cascades in August

...leaving Mrs Ned & Me about 2 weeks of vacation to use sometime this year, although we have no plans for them yet. Most likely we'll try to visit our property in Idaho sometime.