Question What are your top 5 PS4 titles?

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I might be getting a PS4 soon and I was wondering what games are at the top of your lists. The only ones I've been interested in so far is RDR2, God of War, and Ghost Recon Wildlands (because my buddy won't shut up about the game and wants me to play with him). When I look on sites like GameFAQs, the top 10 lists are all riddled with games I already own on PC.

I had heard there's a new DMC coming out, but that's one series I never got around to playing even though my friends back in the day were always playing it when I was at their house.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I haven't played God of War or Red Dead Redemption 2 yet, but my top 5 not on PC are

1. Bloodborne (game of the century IMO)
2. Persona 5
3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. The Last of Us Remastered
5. Yakuza Kiwami 2

But I imagine GOW and RDR2 will push TLOU and Yakuza Kiwami 2 out of my top 5. I would have put Yakuza 0 in the #4 slot, but it just got a PC release three or four months ago. And I hate leaving NieR Automata off this list (it would be #2), but it has a PC release. A terrible PC release, but still something you can sort of fix to run at 60 fps with the FAR mod.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I've never played any of the Persona series. I always assumed they were your generic JRPG but I've heard a lot of people lately give the series a lot of praise.

As for NieR, I was able to run it without any issues, though I've seen a lot of complaints directed towards it.

Reactions: BrickFrog

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
God of War
Moss
Astro Bot
RE7 (in VR mode)
Beat Saber

I don't know if it's still available but there was a DMC5 demo on Xbox One. I played it and thought it was fucking terrible.

JPB

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2005
I dont ever pick up a new console, unless there are a minimum of "10" titles that I am interested in.

So far....the list is as follows.

God Of War
Uncharted 4
Red Dead Redemption 2
Resident Evil 7
Metal Gear Solid V

--Unreleased--

Devil May Cry 5
Castlevania "Unannouced"
Death Stranding
The Last Of Us 2
Days Gone

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Best 5 exclusives for me:

God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Uncharted 4
GT: Sport
Detroit: Become Human

Worst 5 exclusives:

Driveclub
The Order 1886
Until Dawn
Killzone Shadow Fall
Infamous SS

please note: I own both Bloodborne and The Last Guardian but have not played them yet

NoSoupforyou

Dec 20, 2016
I have God of War but have not played it much past the beginning. Looks like a fun game though. Finished Beyond Two Souls last night so probably get into GoW today.
As others mentioned. Horizon Zero Dawn (and the expansion) one of my top fave of all time games.

Loved all the Uncharted games included 4. Rage quit Uncharted The Lost Legacy though :)
Last of Us remastered. Played this game several times. Twice on PS3 and again on PS4

Detroit Become Human was a great game. loved all the games they made. (Quantic Dream) The previous game (Beyond Two Souls) was a fantastic game. Was a PS3 game. But found it and Heavy Rain had been ported to PS4 so i got it. Just finished playing Beyond Two Souls.

One game that totally creeped me out was Dying Light. The sounds of all the undead when in game night-time was chills inducing.
Recently picked up Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Have not played it yet but looks to be a good game.

I too am waiting for Days Gone to release. (Big fan of "The Walking Dead" tv series) so i like these undead themed games.

I cannot understand the appeal of Persona 5. IMO one of the stupidest games i have ever played. (maybe i am too old for it)

I have The Last Guardian and Resident Evil 7 in my library but have not cracked the plastic wrapper yet.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
God of War
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Spiderman
Uncharted 4
Infamous Second Son

Those are probably the exclusives I enjoyed the most. Pretty much everything can be played on the PC or is better quality on the XB1X.

Reactions: gorcorps

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I think I'm right around the end of God of War, but I started on hard mode and intend to finish it that way... however I did end up getting stuck last time I played--trying to fight two dark elf lords at the same time was driving me crazy. I can damage the first one to a point and hold the other off when he shows up but if I get tagged with those stupid flares that black out the screen it's all downhill from there. They are also almost constantly moving and will rush you at the same time from opposite directions...

Also, I upgraded my first gen DS4's with 2000mAh batteries and I suggest everyone does the same... really helps them last awhile. One wouldn't even charge anymore and they aren't too bad to take apart, just one or two things to be careful of.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I greatly appreciate all the responses. I had forgotten about a vast majority of the games people are listing because I was previously excited to play them, but since I never had a PS4 (have one now) I didn't really follow them too much. This topic has made me feel much better about having a PS4 since my biggest concern was that I'd only play a few games then let it collect dust aside from watching Blu-Rays.

Reactions: JPB

Adawy

Sep 9, 2017
- Spiderman
- Detroit Become Human
- Uncharted 4
- Uncharted The Lost Legacy
- The Last of Us Remastered.

That's my personal opinion, happy new year and enjoy your PS4.

Reactions: JPB

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I think I'm right around the end of God of War, but I started on hard mode and intend to finish it that way... however I did end up getting stuck last time I played--trying to fight two dark elf lords at the same time was driving me crazy. I can damage the first one to a point and hold the other off when he shows up but if I get tagged with those stupid flares that black out the screen it's all downhill from there. They are also almost constantly moving and will rush you at the same time from opposite directions...

Also, I upgraded my first gen DS4's with 2000mAh batteries and I suggest everyone does the same... really helps them last awhile. One wouldn't even charge anymore and they aren't too bad to take apart, just one or two things to be careful of.
I'll have to look into that, the battery life is really a glaring issue in comparison to when I use my Switch Pro controller, or my X360 controller on PC. Those ones feel like they last forever, the PS4 ones... definitely not.

DontMessWithJohan

Jan 2, 2019
Eww... some of the games listed here. You guys. The top 5 list is clearly:

1. GTA V
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. Tekken 7
4. Soul Calibur VI
5. Gran Turismo Sport

In no particular order. We can throw MGS:V in there even though it's also on the PS3.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I'll have to look into that, the battery life is really a glaring issue in comparison to when I use my Switch Pro controller, or my X360 controller on PC. Those ones feel like they last forever, the PS4 ones... definitely not.

Worth upgrading if you don't mind a little tweaking to get good cells to fit. I guess there are some cheap ones that look just like the originals but they are garbage. The ones I bought are high quality UXCell and the seller reversed the polarity on the JST connector so they basically just clip right in. That's not hard to do yourself though. Only thing I didn't really like doing was modifying the cradle to fit the new cell but a sharp blade and patience does the trick.

Also broke a trigger and had to get a new one but they're cheap.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
God of War
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Spiderman
Uncharted 4
Infamous Second Son

Those are probably the exclusives I enjoyed the most. Pretty much everything can be played on the PC or is better quality on the XB1X.

This is pretty much identical to my list. I bought the PS4 when infamous was released, and didn't regret it at full price, and it should be dirt cheap right now (I think it was already free one month on PS+). Uncharted is probably pretty cheap too.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I didn't enjoy Second Son as much as Infamous 1 & 2 but if it's cheap it's worth playing still. HZD is a LOT of game for the money so that certainly gets my recommendation.

I recently picked up Nioh with a gift card but I should have read up on it more as I didn't realize it was very similar to a Souls game; I probably wouldn't have gotten it but I'll give it a chance when I get the time to play it. Almost done with God of War so I'll jump on that next. Also thought it was a PS4-exclusive but it's on PC too.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Any top list not including an uncharted game is incomplete...
Uncharted 4 does absolutely NOTHING new to the series to innovate it. Other than having better graphics it's pretty much the same exact thing as the past 3. It was starting to get stale in part 3. I didn't finish 4 because I just got bored with it and lost interest. Sure the story and characters are fun, but Uncharted 4 is definitely not a top PS4 game for me. I didn't even bother with the gimped spinoff game they made either, nor do I plan on it.

Now if you asked me about best PS3 games, the Uncharted series would definitely be on my list.

homebrew2ny

Jan 3, 2013
Uncharted 4 does absolutely NOTHING new to the series to innovate it. Other than having better graphics it's pretty much the same exact thing as the past 3. It was starting to get stale in part 3. I didn't finish 4 because I just got bored with it and lost interest. Sure the story and characters are fun, but Uncharted 4 is definitely not a top PS4 game for me. I didn't even bother with the gimped spinoff game they made either, nor do I plan on it.

Now if you asked me about best PS3 games, the Uncharted series would definitely be on my list.

If its not broke, dont fix it. Uncharted is atop the best ps4 gaming experience, and perhaps gaming as a whole.

Your opinion, although valid, sucks...