What are your predictions for 2007?

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
I predict that Bush will have a mental breakdown. He may be secretly hospitalized. Right now, the man looks mentally exhausted as his world is slowly turning upside down. Cheney is useless at this stage and from is political position.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I try to be optimistic---but 2007 will be a real test of that optimism---we may have a new congress---but the same clueless GWB remains---and he is likely to spend all of 2007 seeing all
his optimism drain as the reality of his works come tumbling down on all fronts.

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
more death, taxes, aids, bad music on the radio, worse to little to no music on mtv, bush will lie, democratic congress will lie, bush will stay the coarse while promising to change, the sun will rise, the sun will set, Hollywood will make films that piss off xtians, xtians will make movies that make themselves feel all mushy, liberals will love Hollywood's movies, another spiderman flick, another round of holidays, a spring break full of idiot college kids in little to no clothing, intel will release a chip that is faster, AMD will release a chip that is faster, ATI(AMD) will finally get their DX10 cards out, I'll get laid and maybe even married, I'll get drunk several times, my PC will still suck, ATOT will be full of neffing, ATP&N will be the home of insane inane rambling, more rambling about how we're going to the moon without anything to show for it, etc. etc. etc.

[tap]
[tap]
[tap]
Is this thing on? Am I getting through here?

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
In other words everything will go as expected and predictable in a world of men.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
I think Islamic extremists in the Middle East will continue to turn on each other beyond the borders of Iraq and Palestine (and it will get worse in those two areas). Unfortunately, I don't think we will get out of the way.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Hate ruin everyone?s fun with a serious post, but I think the stories of 2007 will be:
1. Iraq, again.
2. Democratic take over of congress, the good, the bad and the ugly. I am sure we will get examples of all three.
3. And the BIG story of the year could be the death of Castro. His death will almost assuredly result in the end of American economic sanctions, the Republicans want Latino votes. His death might also result in the end of communism in Cuba, a very positive step. I?ll go out on a limp and predict that if the communist government falls and is replaced by some type of free government the leader of that government ends up on the cover of Time as person of the year. I think a change in government down there would have that huge of an impact on news in the next year. (Of course Raul could take over for big brother and nothing could change.)
4. Finally, the less eventful the year is the more we will hear about the 2008 race for President. If congress does a lot and accomplishes a lot, or does not accomplish due to fighting and vetoes, then look for little news on 2008. But if it is a quiet year for news we may all be tired of 2008 news before the first primary.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
3. And the BIG story of the year could be the death of Castro. His death will almost assuredly result in the end of American economic sanctions, the Republicans want Latino votes. His death might also result in the end of communism in Cuba, a very positive step. I?ll go out on a limp and predict that if the communist government falls and is replaced by some type of free government the leader of that government ends up on the cover of Time as person of the year. I think a change in government down there would have that huge of an impact on news in the next year. (Of course Raul could take over for big brother and nothing could change.)

They may join the US to avoid tariffs on their agricultural exports (like Hawaii did with their sugar industry) and improve their economic possibilities (US could offer to drop the embargo if they agree to join the US). Cuba has some fine beaches that could be developed quickly by American businesses and the island could become a booming center of agriculture and tourism.

beyoku

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2003
--Africa
Ethiopia is going to bomb the hell out of Somalia and cause a bunch of civilian deaths in the process.
Somalia is going to become the new terrorist haven.
Ethiopia will gets tons of suicide attacks in their capital.
Some dictator will die.

--M.E.
Iraq will go full scale civil war. We will run around like decapitated chickens.
Bush will stay the course but fake like he is making changes.
Peace agreements and cease-fires will be broken again with Israel/Palestine.
Olmert hands over the 250 million to the P.A./ Hamas led govt, then cuts the stream after they just get a percentage of it.

--US
Our food will get contaminated AGAIN - This time it will be lettuce...They will trace ALL the contaminated lettuce in the US back to ONE spot.
Flu outbreak.
Coming out day for another Republican.
Dick Cheney will have a heart attack.
LA/NY cops will kill more unarmed black folks.
All the movies in theater will suck.

--EU/Asia
Russia will create more millionaires
Russia will pisss off Iran.
US will pisss off Russia
China will Dominate all.
China will loose the dollar, somebody will follow.

Dow-10500
Nasdaq-2050
S&P 500-1100

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: beyoku
--Africa
Ethiopia is going to bomb the hell out of Somalia and cause a bunch of civilian deaths in the process.
Somalia is going to become the new terrorist haven.
Ethiopia will gets tons of suicide attacks in their capital.
Some dictator will die.

--M.E.
Iraq will go full scale civil war. We will run around like decapitated chickens.
Bush will stay the course but fake like he is making changes.
Peace agreements and cease-fires will be broken again with Israel/Palestine.
Olmert hands over the 250 million to the P.A./ Hamas led govt, then cuts the stream after they just get a percentage of it.

--US
Our food will get contaminated AGAIN - This time it will be lettuce...They will trace ALL the contaminated lettuce in the US back to ONE spot.
Flu outbreak.
Coming out day for another Republican.
Dick Cheney will have a heart attack.
LA/NY cops will kill more unarmed black folks.
All the movies in theater will suck.

--EU/Asia
Russia will create more millionaires
Russia will pisss off Iran.
US will pisss off Russia
China will Dominate all.
China will loose the dollar, somebody will follow.

Dow-10500
Nasdaq-2050
S&P 500-1100

Can you give me Pfizer and PG's stock price in late 2k7?

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Narmer
I predict that Bush will have a mental breakdown. He may be secretly hospitalized. Right now, the man looks mentally exhausted as his world is slowly turning upside down. Cheney is useless at this stage and from is political position.

Nah. Bush is too stupid to have a mental breakdown.

tomywishbone

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2006
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Hate ruin everyone?s fun with a serious post, but I think the stories of 2007 will be:
1. Iraq, again.
2. Democratic take over of congress, the good, the bad and the ugly. I am sure we will get examples of all three.
4. Finally, the less eventful the year is the more we will hear about the 2008 race for President. If congress does a lot and accomplishes a lot, or does not accomplish due to fighting and vetoes, then look for little news on 2008. But if it is a quiet year for news we may all be tired of 2008 news before the first primary.

Finally, I believe something ProfJohn says. ;)

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Tab
Lame duck.
Bush only becomes a true lame duck in early 2008 when all the focus turns to the election. As I remember once that started Clinton sort of faded from view.
Sorry, but you have one more year of Bush in the lime light, and then a year of him just sort of being there.